Reaper re-amp help!!!

nezvers

Beast
Oct 5, 2010
Latvia, Riga
There is something awkward for me!
For reamping and stuff there should be latency, but in my case reamped track is recorded much earlear!
I used reainsert too in 2 ways:
- on sending track set up with send and receive same hardware (line 6 podstudio UX2) auto-detect latency = same early recording
- on sending track set up sending disabled track I/O send with reainsert just sending to hardware, on receiving track same but reainsert have only receive from hardware. On sending reainsert auto-detect enabled
Reainsert detect 2566 sample delay!!!

Reamp.jpg

when I put that amount to manual latency compensation settings - nothing plays (nor when on output nor on input)

Oh, yeah, I would put that question on reaper forum but I don't know why I cant post ANYTHING (new topic or reply)

I could align tracks by hands but that kinda lame.

Weird, delay compensation must be printing the recorded track early. I don't know about Reaper, but Sonar gives you a net latency reading which you could use to tweak your individual track delay settings to compensate

Empathy, so you are saying that there isn't right syncing into REAPER?
Maybe there is something in settings that slide all recorded tracks to be earlier?

EDIT: seems I'll have to re-amp with FL studio, I loved that reaper created all files into project folder, not like FL all files into one default folder and creating pile of WAVs

In my experience it's next to impossible to get every single reamped track synced up perfectly when recording in any DAW, not just REAPER. Every setup I've ever reamped through has introduced at least some measure of latency, even if it's only a handful of samples in length. If you want your reamps to be bang on to the DI's every time, you've gotta adjust them by hand.

Just a blind shot in the dark and you most probably tried it already, but try right clicking on "2 in 2 out" and where it says PDC(0 spls) disable it temporarily.

Another option would be to count how many samples of error it gives you to see where exactly it makes a mistake.

Empathy, for FL Studio I got it in right time even no manual syncing needed.

Mutant, seems you landed your shoot in probably right place, because I don't know where that is, so I haven't tried that. Please enlighten me - where I have to look for that 2 in 2 out and PDC.

At the top of ReaInsert (and any other plugin) GUI window, between "Param" and "UI" buttons.
Most probably it will not work, but just in case it would, you can try.

nezvers, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

This appear whatever I try to do - create topic/ post reply/ post new issue

nezvers, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

This appear whatever I try to do - create topic/ post reply/ post new issue

Check your e-mail spam folder for any messages from the forum, maybe you missed your activation link message.
Or contact a moderator/admin.

infectdsniper, that wasn't in way to reamp inside FL studio, but I want to reamp inside reaper, because it has some pros that make it work better for me in recording.
Still haven't tried all that you guys suggested yet, but got contacted with reaper admin and got activation for forum, so I'll post question there too.