Pro Tools 8.0.4cs2 tracking latency

brianhood

No Care Ever
Ever since i updated to 8.0.4, there is a new option in the playback engine. If you select "ignore errors during playback" there is a new option that says "minimize additional I/O latency"

Now, if i don't have the new box checked, there is seriously a 1000+sample "latency" from what i recorded to what the new track is(i discovered this when reamping). The "latency" isn't exactly true latency, because that would mean that the reamped track would be 1000+ samples behind the original. It's actually 1000+ samples in front of the DI track, which doesn't make sense to me. I also reamped just some random noise i made with the frequency generator for consistency sake and it's the same thing. It seems to be based off of whatever your playback engine is set to

If i do have the "minimize latency" box checked, it's reduced to around 400 samples, but still an issue for me.

anyone else experiencing this? I thought it might be a clock issue on my API A2D, so i switched to the 003 clock and used the preamps on there, but it's the exact same result.
and just to clarify, i'm not talking about monitoring latency.

Here are the numbers from reamping a frequency generated sine wave.
The left column is my hardware buffer size. The right column is the latency i got when reamping at that buffer size(in samples).

"minimize addional IO latency" box not checked

at 128- 600

at 512-850

at 1024-1350

at 4096- 4425

"minimize addional IO latency" box checked

at 128- 464

at 512-464

at 1024-464

at 4096- 464

so the same latency no matter the h/w buffer

"ignore playback errors" box not checked

at 4096-8527

i didn't text other buffer settings on this, but it's pretty obvious this is the worst.

Last time i reamped stuff my tracks ended up before the dir tracks as well. I thought this was strange and I think its a known problem with the 8.0.4 driver after i did some searching. I'm not sure if they solved with the v9 driver which is really 8.0.4.352 or some shit. There is 3 added numbers at the end but i forgot what they are.

Brian go to the device manager and look at your 003 and see what driver version it is. Let me know.

Last time i reamped stuff my tracks ended up before the dir tracks as well. I thought this was strange and I think its a known problem with the 8.0.4 driver after i did some searching. I'm not sure if they solved with the v9 driver which is really 8.0.4.352 or some shit. There is 3 added numbers at the end but i forgot what they are.

Brian go to the device manager and look at your 003 and see what driver version it is. Let me know.

it's 8.0.4.351 for me currently