Reason To Regret - New song, mix crit plz

BTW, the mix is really good. Guitars sound a bit nosy to me. Drums and vocals are dope though. Honestly, I don't get how you guys all get that much "presence". My mixes are always lacking in that area...

Could you specify more on noisy guitars?

Try to cut some low muddy freqs, try to cut freqs before boosting the highs in general. If you just boost high freqs, it will not sound too good. B82 Maximizer plug in also helps a lot, especially for muddy vocals and guitars.

Is that the snare I gave you Gujukal? :kickass:
Mix sounds pretty nice. I'll agree about that honk, it's got something in the upper-mid area like oroinvictus said. I am a fan of the music though, it's unique to me.

Honestly, I don't get how you guys all get that much "presence". My mixes are always lacking in that area...

The way a lot of people do it is with good samples, the better the sample, the better presence it'll have in the mix from my experience. Even without a lot of processing.

Cut some 2-4khz out of the guitars and the kick drum, they've both got a lot of nasty upper-mid 'honk' that gets very ear fatiguing very fast.

Okidoki, it's strange because they're not boosted on my EQ, instead i got a lot of surgical cuts in that area. I'll try and cut around 3,4 kHz since that's the freqs we are most sensible to, i've learned.

Is that the snare I gave you Gujukal? :kickass:
Mix sounds pretty nice. I'll agree about that honk, it's got something in the upper-mid area like oroinvictus said. I am a fan of the music though, it's unique to me.

Thanks breh, stay tuned for the whole EP that will hopefully be released before summer :)

Sorry it's not your samples, i used SSD 3.5 Snare 12A blended with some chango for fatness. I hate Chango snare alone since it sounds so robotic but combined with a good snare it sounds awesome :)