Reasonable price for used PODxt?

Splat88

Jan 31, 2006
Vegas
As I stated in another thread, I bought a PODX3 despite the fact that I complained about it upon its initial release, but that's another story. After I bought it, I put my old PODxt up on ebay. The problem is, its been on ebay for 5 days and has absolutely no action on it whatsoever.

It has all the model packs, including the bass pack as well and I'm started the auction at $199 with a buy it now price of $249.

Is this a reasonable price to sell my XT at? Surely $199 is low enough, no? Its in good condition and has no problems whatsoever. Any feedback would be appreciated and here's the link to the auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270237230002&ssPageName=ADME:L:DSS:US:1123

I do. Its definitely pretty small and could be open to interpretation. My friend and I were A/B his PODX3 vs my XT and his sounds slightly less scratchy. It could be my imagination, but I've heard that the new X3 has better converters or something like that. The root tone is the same, is just a little cleaner.

I do. Its definitely pretty small and could be open to interpretation. My friend and I were A/B his PODX3 vs my XT and his sounds slightly less scratchy. It could be my imagination, but I've heard that the new X3 has better converters or something like that. The root tone is the same, is just a little cleaner.

I agree that the X3 has a slightly better tone. Lot's of people (especially on the Line 6 forum) will dispute that, and maybe it is more obvious on certain guitars, but I can tell a difference on mine. Fuller tone and less fizz, plus it's easier to get rid of the fizz while not wrecking the tone. That is why I sold my XT and bought an X3. I think 199.00 sounds like a good price for what you are selling, but I think the problem is that there are just a lot of XT's on the market right now. I haven't checked Ebay to see how many are out there, but I know several people that tried to sell theirs with no luck recently. You might do a "completed listings" search on ebay and see what they have been going for lately. Plus many folks (myself included) bid at the last possible moment, so it could still go. Also try throwing it out on craig's list. I've had pretty good luck with it.

I went and checked your listing, and two things jumped out at me. Number one, US shipping only. I sell all of my stuff world-wide, and usually receive top dollar from overseas bidders. It's hard for some countries to get music equipment sometimes and those people will pay more than someone here in the states. I make them pay actual shipping, which they are used to and don't mind. I haven't had any troubles shipping out of the country yet and the people I've dealt with have all been very cool to work with. Secondly, the stock photo. I am very wary of people that don't post an actual pic of their merchandise so that I can see what shape it is in and get a better idea if I want to bid. Matter of fact, of all the things I bought off of ebay (which is a lot), I don't think I've ever even bid on something that didn't have an actual picure of the item. Maybe that's just me, but just thought I would throw those things out there. Good luck.

I went and checked your listing, and two things jumped out at me. Number one, US shipping only. I sell all of my stuff world-wide, and usually receive top dollar from overseas bidders. It's hard for some countries to get music equipment sometimes and those people will pay more than someone here in the states.

another reason to sell overseas is that the de-valuation of the dollar makes products from the US increasingly attractive to overseas buyers, especially in europe. you can probably sell some stuff for close to the new price to a euro. buyer, and they'd still be getting a good deal on it...