reasons for nuendo

xconnyx

www.iheartsound.com
May 30, 2007
germany/bielefeld
www.iheartsound.com
hi, i saw that most of you seem to use nuendo instead of cubase.

is there a special reason for nuendo, or do you just use nuendo because its better looking ;)

//edit, i should have made a quastionmark into the the title...

I use Nuendo because that's what i could get the fastest and cheapest through a student discount :)

I have/had Cubase LE and I felt like I knew my way around it pretty well, so when I learned of the chance to get Nuendo cheap from our drummer (who takes summer classes at uni for his masters), I took that.

doesn't nuendo do everything cubase does midi wise?! i've never noticed any difference apart from the surround stuff in nuendo

Curiously, in the US a full retail version of cubase costs $200 less than the academic version of nuendo (cubase streets @ $800, nuendo academic streets @ $1000, and nuendo full retail streets @$2000).
Is it dramatically different in other countries?

this is why i started wondering... because cubase 4 is about 800eruo and nuendo 3 about 1800euro in germany...

an i havent seen a major differences between cubase and nuendo (except the darker and nicer skin, plus that surroundstuff and studiobus thing)

but why is nuendo better in audiìo? better ways of processing audio?

I have been using nuendo for about 8 years(when it first came out) and it has been an amazing bit of software. BULLET PROOF performance. I have done tons of records and have NEVER LOST A SINGLE PROJECT OR FILE. if it overloads the computer and locks up I am still able to go back an and not have lost anything!!!!(CTRL+s is a god send) plus as all of the computers out there get better and faster you can scale your whole system without needing to buy ALL NEW HARDWARE(protools sucks) great midi features amazing editing features a great user and company forum, more plugins available than protools EXCELLENT audio engine(a big difference than the cubase) almost unlimited routing in the system itself. if your hardware can suport it you can get sample rates up to 192k(wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more ) than what anybody needs I think. surround sound capabilities almost set right out of the box. god I feel like a pimp sellinh his prime biyotch from the stable!!HAHAHAHAHAHA love nuendo and you will see here in the states a TON of top producers using it to do all of thier editing and midi work in it. my biggest beef with nuendo is that there is no sidechaining setting(BUT there is a great program that someone mentioned here and it is a great little plugin)

Love Curran
P.S. long winded I know but I am a big beliver in this program!!!

....because I got my old company to pay for it for random bit of post-prod work I was doing for them :D

However, seeing I've since left those guys, I can't justify the cost of paying for Nuendo 4 on my dime, so will likely move to Cubase 4 sometime soon.

It is about "Branding". First Nuendo was different than Cubase v5 at the time, different code and a bit superior soundwise. Nuendo was made to be contender in high end market, so just calling it "cubase 2" would not work. Right now Nuendo and Cubase share same code. While Cubase is more intended for home recording market, Nuendo is more intended for "professionals" in industry and people who work in surround and make music for picture. Technically it is one and the same programe, same code. They could just call Nuendo "Cubase SX XXL" technically. For 99% of the features you probably need Cubase is more than enough.

http://www.planetmicro.com/Cubase_Nuendo_Comparison_Chart1.pdf

Here is comparation chart

Btw I have heard a lot of rubbish about "Nuendo sounding better", not true. Information that both product share same code is from Steinberg themselves btw.

I thought the sound engine was different/better? Am I wrong?
Do you think it would have sense for company from financial angle to pay double coders, betatesters etc just so they can have two different soundengines, intentionaly work on inferior version of engine for one of two programs, but secretly, and keep talkin that both programs share same code in public? I know "engine difference" is not your idea, you have heard that by someone else, but just use logic, and answer is obvious, I guess. :loco: