Rebel Meets Rebel

Dec 3, 2004
Arizona, USA
www.ryanseek.com
For those not in the know, before Dimebag died, he and brother Vinnie, along with Rex Brown recorded a heavy metal country album with country singer David Allen Coe. It's just been released and for those who can stomach even a taste of country (really it's more southern rock'n'roll) should give it a listen.

Don't expect the tight-ass assault on the senses of Pantera though. This is just a fun party album, and a damn good one at that! It's got some great Dimebag lead licks in it, although they are sporadic (mostly displays his godly talent of writing riffs). I'm on my second listen as I type this, and having great fun listening to it.

Highly recommended from me, although you better have a taste for the country style of singing or you'll probably not get over the vocals.

If you want to check it out, they have one full song and several 30-second samples on their official website: www.rebelmeetsrebel.com

I'm not a big fan of Pantera, but man that first full track fucking rocks. I've never bought anything of Pantera, but this I might get.

Didn't say it was, just I didn't like the feel of Pantera, the guitar work didn't impress me as much as this does.

First off HELLO SIXXSWINE and TRANSSIBERIAN I want to tell you I have always loved you and you are a great man with Balls of Reinvented Steel From Hell that are Vulgar and Trendkilling! You sir are reading my mail. I couldn't agree with you more and I love David Allan Coe, Love Dimebag, so what a match made in Heaven. I am so glad I stopped in tonight I want to burn some meat and eat some ribs in your honor.
I salute you!
Ted

I like it but, it seems like more of a novelty cd to me.

I can't see myself playing it alot. It's a bit of an odd cd.

I loved Pantera, but wasn't familiar with David Allen Coe. I love Metal. and it's not a straight ahead Heavy Metal CD.

The first track "Nothin' To Lose" is the heaviest thing on the disc. So don't base your purchase on this one song.

Even though it's three quaters Pantera members in the band , David Allen Coe's influence sounds the strongest.

All in all , I like it a little. I just don't love it.