Reccomend Me A Good Free Bass Amp Sim

Rogueleader

Bringer Of Rain
Oct 21, 2009
Hey, I'm pretty new here. I've been signed up for a while just browsing past threads. It seems like a kind of place that I would love to participate in.

I recently got a new bass (Early 90s Jackson Futura Professional) and was looking to supplement my recorded guitar tracks with some bass. I've actually been playing it through my guitar rig (Engl e530, mesa 50/50, mesa recto OS slant) and it actually sounds OK through that. I eq alot of the lows out (bass on like 9 o'clock on the clean channel) and play it really quietly for fear of damaging anything.

I was looking for a bass rig in the stores here in bozeman and tried out a 300 watt mesa 2x10 hybrid combo I really liked. I would rather try more amps from a larger selection of brands in a larger store before I pull the trigger on anything. For the time being I think I would like to record with an ampsim. I've heard several of the engl sim clips here and they sound great. Is there anything (preferably free or cheap) of that quality for bass? I will probably be using it in reaper but maybe cubase.

Thanks,
Garrett

Only free bass amp sim I know of is acmebargig's B.I.G.

Thanks, I already saw that one in the list. Didn't really pique my interest. I'm trying Markbass's Mark studio 1 right now, theres a free 14 day trial. Anyone have any experience with this program? It already sounds alright, but I suspect with some tweaking it could sound pretty good.

As long as you keep the gain pretty low, a lot of guitar sims can give you a reasonably good tone.