Reccomendations?

kidneystealer

New Metal Member
Feb 2, 2006
Hey I am new here and thought this was the best place to ask.. Want to listen to some good Scandanavian metal.. I know about Dimmu Borgir, Old Mans Child, and Inflames. Oh yeah Torture Killer too. thats about it.. Looking for some new(new to me anyways) shit to listen to. I would appreciate any reccomendations...

Also maybe someone can help me with this. I was at a concert about 3 years ago and inbetween sets they played a music video and I can't recall the name of the band or the song.. In the video there is this girl hitchiking and she gets picked up by this dude in a van, and then there are cuts of the band playing in a slaughter house with blood spraying from the fire sprinklers. The girl tries to get away. I really can't remember much because I was really drunk and stoned, but I liked the video and it irks me to no end that I cant recall who the band was.. Does this sound familiar to anyone? If so please help. Thanks everybody!

You have to listen to Bathory.

I don't know if you're new to Metal, but it kind of seems like you are so other great beginning bands are:

Hypocrisy
Illdisposed
Dissection
Therion
Dark Tranquility.

Hey another video with a woman being victimized, that's cool.

Don't get me wrong.. I wasn't attracted to the video because a woman was being victimized, I liked the music, it was kinda SFU style.. I am a big blood, guts, and gore fan.. Thanks for the recommendations btw. I am not that new to metal I just mainly listen to Deicide, and Cannibal Corpse, Obituary, Brujeria.. Just looking to expand my horizons.

Fuck yeah Slayer, got all their albums(except "God Hates Us All" for free from a co-worker who converted to christianity(he was a Jew) back in 99'. When will people learn?

Sympho BM: Emperor,Limbonic Art
Industrial/Electro-Metal: Diablerie, Dimension F3H, Aborym, And Oceans
Avantgarde: Arcturus, Peccatum, Ensomph
Black Metal: Immortal, Mayhem.
Progressive: Opeth, Amorphis
Melodic Death Metal: In Flames, Dark Tranquility
Crossover: Children of Bodom
Symphonic: Apocalyptica

My serious recomendations. I hope you rot!

Sentenced: north from here
Morbid Angel: altars of madness
Edge of Sanity: crimson,crimson 2,unorthodox,the spectral sorrows.
Opeth: orchid,my arms your hearse. ALL
Sacramentum: far away from the sun,thy black destiny,the coming of chaos
Demigod: slumber of sullen eyes
Adramelech: pyschostasia
Entombed: left hand path
Necrophobic: the nocturnal silence
Incantation: onward to golgotha,mortal throne of nazerene
Immolation: dawn of possession,here in after
Amorphis: the karelian isthmus,tales from the thousand lakes
Carcass: necroticism
Slayer: hell awaits

fuck you

Atrox ("Terrestrials", "Orgasm", "Contentum")
Madder Mortem ("Deadlands")
Candlemass ("Epicus Doomicus Metallicus", "Nightfall", "Candlemass")
Hexenhaus ("A Tribute To Insanity", "Dejavoodoo")

np: Tactile Gemma - "Blackberry Jam"

Destruction- ALL
Possessed- Seven Churches
Atheist- Piece of Time and Unquestionable Pressence
Sinister- Hate
Sodom- Agent Orange and Tapping The Vein
Kreator- Pleasure to Kill
Hypocrisy- All
Old Man's Child- The Pagan Prosperity
Dark Funeral- All
Marduk- All
Enslaved- Blodhemn
Dawn- Slaughtersun

kidneystealer said:
Hey I am new here and thought this was the best place to ask.. Want to listen to some good Scandanavian metal.. I know about Dimmu Borgir, Old Mans Child, and Inflames. Oh yeah Torture Killer too. thats about it.. Looking for some new(new to me anyways) shit to listen to. I would appreciate any reccomendations...

Also maybe someone can help me with this. I was at a concert about 3 years ago and inbetween sets they played a music video and I can't recall the name of the band or the song.. In the video there is this girl hitchiking and she gets picked up by this dude in a van, and then there are cuts of the band playing in a slaughter house with blood spraying from the fire sprinklers. The girl tries to get away. I really can't remember much because I was really drunk and stoned, but I liked the video and it irks me to no end that I cant recall who the band was.. Does this sound familiar to anyone? If so please help. Thanks everybody!

Actually, I think that was a latter day Slayer Video - Sex Murder Art maybe ?

Sounds like it.

You're gonna have to refine down what kind of stuff you already like for rec's, cause otherwise you'll get 37498739874987498749837984 names of bands you've never heard of.