Ulver

Adam90125

Feb 15, 2003
England
Visit site
OK, I dont know much about this band, I herad some of their old black metal material, and their new experimental stuff but I dont know which is what or anything. Any help, reccomendations or information would be great.
Thanks

I'd get any album you can get your hands on- although unless you are a hardcore black metal fan- I would skip Nattens Madrigal- it was recorded on the worst possible audio equipment- to get that early recorded in a garage- black metal sound.

Remember only like 3 of their albums are metal- the rest are folk(kveldssanger) techno, electronica, metal, jazz hybrid( Themes William blake) Acid jazz ( perdition City) sparse electronica ( Lycanthropen themes- SIlence teaches you how to sing)

Themes is jazz hybrid? Perdition City is acid jazz? Perdition City has some smooth jazz influence... but Themes has nothing to do with jazz and Perdition City isn't acid jazz either. Way to steer someone in the wrong direction...

If you really want to know what they are, Themes is a mixture of trip hop, ambient, folk, and industrial on a metal backdrop while Perdition City is a mostly electronic soundscape style music with some jazz influence but far more idm influence.

I'd recommend that you go to the Ulver board and read up.

yes excuse me- I suppose I forgot to state Perdition city has a acid jazz influence- plus the influences found on Themes. My my, a little testy arent we- to stretch a small little point like that- oh well

ok fine- I agree I did imply Perdition city was acid jazz- I am sorry- still the last comment: Way to steer someone in the wrong direction- and read the Ul;ver board- were both a little much for something as silly as this board- a simple correction would have done it- well peace anyway man.