Good music vs Stage performance

Pyrus said:
If you don't see live bands, then you don't have an opinion and don't need to be in this thread. Metal Major's post was the equivalent of saying "This thread assumes that everyone listens to Judas Priest" in a Judas Priest thread, for instance. Foolery.
/QUOTE]

That's not the way I read it. Ahem, this thread title states "Good music vs. stage performance." The joke *is* to me that good music doesn't require playing live, nor should live performances ever compensate for a lack of good music. So the answer should be obvious: good music > live performances.

misfit said:
no brainer - im there for the music. although, there needs to be an energy or desire to play the music. this will generally be felt through some form of stage presence.

some bands do interact with the crowd pretty well - which can make it fun, but as far as theatrics go im not a fan. i dont want to see some short faggot fighting a dragon or something.

:tickled: You pretty much summed it up.

I've had the discussion with my friends before regarding Opeth live. I honestly don't care what a band does on stage as long as the music sounds great. That's just me though. Alot of people seem to need the rock moves and if they don't get them they think the show sucked even if the music is played flawlessly. To each his own I guess...

Here in the Philippines there is a local nu/pop metal faggot band named Slapshock that moves around, jumps arounds just like Limp Bizkit but far more worse...

yes fans who are watching are delighted but i think their music sucks, not mentioning the Ragnarok (the online game) soundtrack which is techno shit, if i see them live, i won't be jumping or anything, i would just leave.

Definately for the music. It annoys me when bands have all these on stage theatrics - it's like they're trying to cover up the fact that they are a crap live band which pyro and shit. Slipknot are the prime example of it at the moment. It will be interesting to see if they put on a good show music-wise on Friday. They may as well not bother though - Mastodon, Hatebreed and Slayer are gonna wipe the floor with them.