Chicago show...

Originally posted by NvmbrsDoom5
Yeah CladinDarkness, at the very end of the night I had to deal with that guy as well. Even though I was allowed to be there, he still gave me a hassle and an attitude. I guess he was in charge of basically getting rid of anyone who isnt supposed to be there. He's just doing his job but he acts a bit too overbearing regardless. If youre a band member or roadie and you try going anywhere in the H.O.B without your laminate, sticker pass, and whatever other i.d. they require that day, man they'll give you hell LOL
Since they are now letting the bands stick around inside longer after the show (they used to require the bands to load out immediately following the show), your best bet next time is to come back down to the bus area probably an hour or two even after the show, if you want to wait that long. By that point, the guys should be getting back to the busses and the security may have chilled out a bit. Thats the only suggestion I can really think of to get those autographs. Good luck.

hehe thanks I'll be doing that in May(hopefully)...

Originally posted by DimensionZero1
yeah cladindarkness, i was in a gray hoooded sweater with black pants, short hair, this was my first time seeing them and i thought they totally kicked ass! i didnt really have a problem with the two opening bands....pretty cool, not so much on the tapping the vein though... clad were you 1 of the 2 guys getting into paradise lost...because i was on the brim of the pit all night, went in a few times, thats about it....i had a friend with me before opeth came on when slayer came on through the speakers, and he yelled "War Ensemble" really loud...haha....it was funny....and PratPoet, i heard you loud and clear about the opeth being saviours of metal, pretty bad ass.

Heh, the slayer intemission was very tolerable!

Christ, I know I have a big mouth, but did the whole fuckin' place hear that? LOL! Hope Opeth heard it...and know it!

That show was just fucking amazing! Can't wait for Damnation...I had my Drapery Falls promo single for the guys to hopefully sign, but couldn't get near and it was too cold to wait outside...it sucked. Oh well...next time!

I know the place underneath you're talking about, NvmbrsDoom5. We met Doro down there after waiting in November cold for THREE fucking hours! She was soooo damn cool, though, that it was worth it. I had her sign my gear-shaped Warlock pic disc, my Warlock 1983 single, and my promo Warlock beer can...she got a kick out of it all. she said, "Ju must be da hugest fan!"

Uhhh...yeah, pretty much! :)

Anyway, yeah, that's where to meet them, usually. It'll be warm then, so maybe we can all meet up after the show somewhere and try and meet them. I'm dying to getsome of my promo stuff signed by the guys; they signed all of my stuff at the Hard rock in '01; Mikael ACTUALLY waited for my ass to get upstairs to the bar area to meet him after the show! When I finally got there he was VERY cool, man...and of course we bugged him about a full length Bloodbath! They were all so damn cool to talk with.

I have been to hundreds of shows (including Opeth two times before this one) and I have to say that was the best show I have ever seen, hands down! The band were tighter than I have ever heard them and the venue was fantastic. The only complaint I could even think about would be the fact that they sold out of the fucking hoodie I had been waiting to buy! I guess I just do not understand how they wouldn't have brought MORE THAN ENOUGH :confused: With that aside I had a great time, and cannot wait to see them again:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: