How many times have you seen Opeth live?

Mr Fawlty

New Metal Member
May 8, 2003
Somewhere in Sweden
Visit site
Hi there music lovers!!!
Just wanted to know how many times you have experienced Opeth live.

I really pity those who haven't had the opportunity to see Opeth perform, it should be a human right next to food and running water.

I have been to three live concerts with Opeth.

The first time I saw them was in my home town Borås 2001-03-25 when they opened up for Porcupine Tree (guess if I was suprised when I read that they were coming to Borås to do their first concert in Sweden since 1995). Opeth really put on a great show, not to mention that Porcupine Tree fucked up my hearing :) , I had Mr Wilson's guitar ringing in my ears for three bloody weeks, but all in all it was great.

The second time was at Wacken open air in August 2001, another stunning performance from Opeth despite some major interference from Hammerfall.

The third time was in Bengtsfors at the 2000 Decibel venue 2002-05-18. Another flawless opeth performance.

I really hope that they will do a scandinavian tour soon because I have become an "Opeth live-addict, and I'm starting to get abstinence.

Take care all you inhabitans in "The city of the moon"

Below is place for a quote!

Above is place for a quote!

Living in the US sucks... :erk: I rarely get to see them. I was going to at the NE Metal and Hardcore Festival but I found out I couldn't go cuz it was a Friday and my mom's graduation (stupid American system doesnt' let an intelligent woman get a degree unless she goes through fucking 5 years of more school dumbass republicans *rant off*). So I won't see them for a while, they're touring Europe right now... :'(

I don't go to concerts any more. (because I'm too busy staying at home listening to black metal and studying)
Seen Opeth live once.

I feel really lucky to have seen them 3x;

1st: May 17th 2001. Blackwater Park tour, Opening for Nevermore.

2nd: Feb 2nd 2003. Four Absent Friends tour. Headlining.

3rd: May 2nd 2003. Blackest Of The Black Tour. Opening for Danzig & Superjoint Ritual.

Three times...

First time was on Eurorock, Belgium, but fuck... the year... something between 1999 and 2001?

Second and third time: this year with the absent friends tour in Belgium as well as in Holland.

On Graspop fest in july this year I'll see Opeth a fourth time :)