Reckoning Day Bonus Track

UltraMagnus007

New Metal Member
Jun 2, 2008
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and apologise if this question as been already asked but can someone tell me where and how I can get a copy of the new album with the Megadeth cover bonus track. I live in London and all the HMV's and Zavvi shops I have searched only have the album without it. I have also searched several online stores I use and no one has the bonus track listed.

After a rather fruitless search I gave in and bought the album without the bonus track only to find a mention of it in the sleeve notes but still no track on the CD.

Oh thats just great, a british London based band and they only release the track for the Japanese market.

Now I do understand that the Japanese love their metal but this is really starting to get on my nerves. I am sick of bands giving away bonus tracks to Japan and not Europe.

I am very surprised at Power Quest for doing this, I did not realise they were that big in Japan. Also what country was it that supported them from the begining. What country was it that they played their first small gigs in and built up a following. The UK.

I have seen Power Quest 4 times live and mostly as the support band and I've gone to see them not the headliners. I have bought all their albums, even the reissues with bonus DVD and now I have to F**king buy their new album as an import from Japan at extra cost just to get what looks like quite a cool cover song.

I hope someone from the band reads this post because I have a lot of Power Quest fans as friends who I have shared this news with and are equally as pissed of as I am.

I'm sorry to the othe users of this forum as this is not how I wanted to introduce myself to this community but this is something I feel very strongly about. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

to make things even better you can't even buy this version from the bands own website. They list the bonus track edition of the album in their discography as if to tease but you can't buy it in their shop.

What a way to please your UK fans, you know the ones that helped you get started in the first place. Cheers Power Quest.

Dude.. way to over react!

Japanese albums always get bonus tracks because they have to pay more for their albums over there. Power Quest are HUGE in Japan, unlike over here where they really aren't appreciated as much as they should be. Most Japanese albums also come out much later than Europe (another reason for the bonus track) but for PQ it's different i believe because of how popular they are over there so they get it first.

This is also nothing to do with the band, they don't choose who does and doesn't get the bonus tracks, it's all down to the record labels.

And PQ are a European band, Anglo-Italian to be precise, and they're not London based.. in fact i don't suppose they have a base seeing as half are from Italy and half from England. Only Steve Scott lives in London (i think he lives here anyway...)

I'm sure Steve Williams will post here later, and i feel sorry for him to have to see such negativity over one bonus track...

So please explain to me what the fact that Japan has to pay more for their albums has to do with why they get a bonus track and we don't. We pay more or our albums than America but rarely get much better versions than they do. Also so what if the album is released later than europe. These are really rather rubbish reasons you have come up with their am me thinks you are just guessing and have no real answer.

I know the reason why the Japanese market gets a better deal. It's because the Japanese love metal and in particular love power metal so some bands can actually have a career in Japan and make money being hardly known anywhere else in the world. I just think the whole situation where bands try to crack Japan sucks. t really isn't that big a country and the american and european markets have far more MetaL buying fans.

One last thing I reallydon't think Power Quest are that HUGE in Japan as you say. They are not exactly about to headline the Budokan any time soon.

I know that I am coming off as a real arse it's just that since discovering Power Quest they have fast become one of my favourite bands. When you are anticipating a release from one of your favourite bands and then you find that you haven't got the best version of that album it does tend to piss one right off.

Aye, i felt a bit cheesed off when i realised that i may have bought my standard edition too soon when i recalled there might be a limited edition version coming... but i was just cheesed off at myself for not remembering that. You've just gotta remember that most of the decisions to do with albums and tracklistings aren't made by the band so it's the record company you've gotta have a bash at.

It's strange how record companies can get away with releasing special editions months after the initial release for bands... I heard Napalm were gonna release a special edition of another band's album months after it had been released, but that could have been because it sold unexpectedly well or something. Obviously it makes good business sense because all the fanboys flock to buy the special edition after already having brought the standard edition!

Exactly correct! We have no control over who gets bonus tracks and who doesn't. Traditionally it's part of the deal in Japan that they get to release the album first and more often than not will get a bonus track with it. that, unfortunately is down to economics rather than anything else as havs been alluded to earlier.

I have heard talk of a digipack version being available in the US...but not seen one myself, so I don't know it that's true or not.

I'd hate anyone to get the impression that we are prioritising Japan or anywhere else above home territory, as this is simply not the case and we'll be making efforts in the that direction to make sure some of the first "Tour of Illusion" dates are Uk shows.

Exactly correct! We have no control over who gets bonus tracks and who doesn't. Traditionally it's part of the deal in Japan that they get to release the album first and more often than not will get a bonus track with it. that, unfortunately is down to economics rather than anything else as havs been alluded to earlier.

I have heard talk of a digipack version being available in the US...but not seen one myself, so I don't know it that's true or not.

I'd hate anyone to get the impression that we are prioritising Japan or anywhere else above home territory, as this is simply not the case and we'll be making efforts in the that direction to make sure some of the first "Tour of Illusion" dates are Uk shows.
Well said Steve. To the thread starter: I think it's a touch of an over-reaction. Most people don't seem to realise that the release of special editions & bonus tracks is rarely ever in the hands of the band.

I ordered the CD from Best Buy online here in the states.
I received a regular jewel case version, with no bonus track.
If I recall though, the version I have was from Europe actually, and not the US.

Japan getting bonus tracks is nothing new.

If you truly love the band, then look at it as an opportunity to start a Power Quest collection!!!!!!!