Recommend books

ensiferumhorde

Sword Bearer
Jun 28, 2012
Finland
www.ensiferum.com
I'm currently reading Laurence C. Smith's The World in 2050: Four Forces Shaping Civilization's Northern Future. I've read less than half but I can already recommend it to anyone who is interested about how global warming, globalization, diminishing natural resources and over population will affect the future of mankind. I really like his realistic way to write, it's easy to read and he is not afraid to say things that are "not politically correct". Better review after I have read the whole book.

The Saxon Stories from Bernard Cornwell :) I love these books, the story takes place during the Danish invasion of Britain, where all but one of the English kingdoms is conquered. And Uhtred (the protagonist) is my favorite hero. :) Amazing books, really.

Another for this series, on 'The burning land' now.

For other adult/fiction I really enjoyed reading Mark Haddon's books. Starting with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Curious_Incident_of_the_Dog_in_the_Night-Time it's a great little read!

I really like The Dragon Mage series by Katherine Kerr. It's fantasy that has magic, soldiers, mythical creatures, love and all that good stuff haha.

The only thing is that it jumps from 5 different years throughout the series and shows the people reincarnated into another body earlier or later in time. I know that sounds confusing but It works really well and isn't half as confusing as I've made it sound. Definitely recommend this series. :)

I really like The Game of Thrones -tv-series so I have to buy those books at some point.

If you like fantasy literature check out Stephen King's THe Dark Tower -series.

*sigh* I have dozen books in my bookshelf that I haven't even opened but today I ordered The Eerie Silence by Paul Davies. But it's good to have good books in case of a rainy day. Oh, it's raining here in Helsinki... ;)

I have a stack of reading I've rarely made a dent in because I'm too busy with work but I'm planning on plowing through when I'm on holiday! Currently have a bit of light reading with 'Pride, Prejudice and Zombies' by Seth Grahame-Smith for the lols. Before that I had "Is it just me or is everything shit? The Encyclopedia of Modern Life." by Steve Lowe and Alan McArthur, its great for reading on public transport when you have to stand up because some ladies shopping bag needs a seat... *sigh* I'm looking forward to getting stuck into "The Ruby Knight" and "The Diamond Throne" by David Eddings. But that will have to wait until holiday time. :)

I really like The Game of Thrones -tv-series so I have to buy those books at some point.

If you like fantasy literature check out Stephen King's THe Dark Tower -series.

*sigh* I have dozen books in my bookshelf that I haven't even opened but today I ordered The Eerie Silence by Paul Davies. But it's good to have good books in case of a rainy day. Oh, it's raining here in Helsinki... ;)
Actually I am at half of that Dark Tower series,really cool stuff,especially if someone has a picturesque fantasy :p
I usually read 4 or 5 books together,hehe...
What I found awesome is The Silmarillion.I would quite curious if it's possible at all to make a movie-series from this also somewhen as from LOTR.

Game of Thrones, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo are both great fiction series, the former being fantasy and the latter a thriller. My favorite book of all time is The Princess Bride by William Goldman, (if you liked the movie, the book is also really good).

This should arrive today, looking forward to it. Tim Severin is a great writer!

[ame]http://www.amazon.de/Saxon-The-Book-Dreams/dp/0230764428[/ame]

A bit of light reading?

51axz2dw8pL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Could-Pee-This-other-Poems/dp/1452110581/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1349259763&sr=8-2"]I Could Pee on This: and other Poems by Cats by Francesco Marciuliano.[/ame]

My favourite books, not in any particular order, except The Name of the Rose which is my favourite.:wave:

1. The Name of the Rose
2.Hellstrom's Hive
3.The Poison King: The Life and Legend of Mithradates, Rome's Deadliest Enemy
4.In the Name of Rome: The Men Who Won the Roman Empire
5.Gateway
6.Of Men and Monsters
7.Reminiscences of the Cuban Revolutionary War: Authorized Edition
8.Man's Search for Meaning
9.The Sign and the Seal: The Quest for the Lost Ark of the Covenant
10. Ficciones - by Jorge Luis Borges
11. The Black Cat and othe stories
12. In Our Time
13.The Sentinel
14. Imperial Earth
15. Game of Thrones series
16. The Demolished Man
17. Contact
18.The Forever War
19. Hyperion
20. Candide
21. Shogun series by James Clavell
23.Das Boot: The Boat
24. Foundation
25.2001: A Space Odyssey (Space Odyssey, #1)
26. Dune
27. Childhood's End
28. Rendezvous With Rama (Rama, #1)
29. Fountains of Paradise
30. Fatherland

Well if you don't mind self-promoting...I am working on a "Psychology Of Metal: What Goes On Inside Your Metalhead?" book, which happens to include an Ensiferum section. But it's in the early stages.