Nostradamus again

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
Found this on the megadeth board

**************************************************According to Nostradamus, the first two anti-Christs were extremely evil, and history has shown this to be so; however, Nostradamus speaks of a third anti-Christ who is more hideous than all the others combined. Some say Sadaam Hussein, the dictator from Iraq, could be this evil tyrant. Others say that he has not yet appeared. What does Nostradamus say about this third anti-Christ? First, Nostradamus tells us he will come from the Middle East.
Out of the country of Greater Arabia
Shall be born a strong master of Mohammed...
He will enter Europe wearing a blue turban.
He will be the terror of mankind.
Never more horror.

Here, Nostradamus says that a man from Greater Arabia will lead his forces on an invasion through Europe. This invasion will start a third world war that will be far worse than all the other wars put together (Guentte). When will all this take place? In one quatrain Nostradamus gives us an exact date in which the war will be well under way.

In the year 1999 and seven months
From the sky will come the great King of Terror.
He will bring back to life the King of the Mongols;
Before and after war reigns.

Nostradamus predicts the war will begin shortly before the year 1999 (Roberts 191). He also tells us how long the war will last.

The war will last seven and twenty years. (Guentte)

Nostradamus says that the war will be so terrible that the world will come face to face with final annihilation. Here, he implies that the war might involve some kind of horrible weapon, possibly nuclear. Nostradamus tells what the first target will be.

The sky will burn at forty-five degrees.
Fire approaches the great new city.

In this phrase, Nostradamus refers to a great city in the new world of America near forty-five degrees latitude. Experts agree this could only be New York.

By fire he will destroy their city,
A cold and cruel heart,
Blood will pour,
Mercy to none. (Guentte)

Although Nostradamus 's predictions for our future sound frightening he does give us some hope by telling us how this third world war will end. He says it will end as a result of an unexpected alliance.

When those of the Northern Pole are united,
In the East will be great fear and dread...
One day the two great leaders will be friends;
Their great powers will be seen to grow.
The New Land will be at the height of its power:
To the man of blood the number is reported.

The new land was a common term used by Nostradamus to refer to what we now call America. The countries of the northern pole could be Russia and the United States. We have recently seen the breakdown of Communism in Russia and an increasing friendship between Russia and the U.S. (Reader's Digest 515).

Was Nostradamus a fraud or a prophet? There are some who say that the seeming accuracy of his quatrains are a result of their facile interpretations (Guentte). Still, more than four hundred books and essays about his prophecies have been published since his death in 1566, along with a great number of articles and other commentaries, in numerous languages (Randi 5). Even skeptics pay careful attention to Nostradamus' predictions of the three anti-Christs. If Nostradamus truly predicted Napoleon and Hitler we should take heed of his words about the future. Perhaps we can prevent the dismal fate Nostradamus has predicted (Guentte).

Could someone PLEASE tell me what the ACTUAL prediction by Nostradamus for the end of the world is? Theres been about 10 different versions ive read.
Als, why was napolean an antichrist (forgive my ignorance, but I dont know what he did :confused: )

I dont believe in all this crap, but i find it really interesting, im sure id find it more interesting once I get the ACTUAL quote rather than hearsay.........

Also, and this is freaky if its true, which i think it is because a lot of people reported it.........theres a timeline in the Great Pyramid in Egypt that ends on September 17th 2001. I guess we will know on the 18th whether its true or not!

This is like the freakin x-files.
You know, ehen I was a kid, i watched one of those nostradamus programs and it scared me so much I was afraid to watch another one of those prophecy styled docos until i was like 16 just because it freaked me out so much...im such a wimp :)

Many pyramidologists, who see the Great Pyramid as prophecy in stone, measure the complete Adamic Age beginning around 4000 B.C. and covering 6000 years. According to their calculations the final period of the Adamic Age is between 1953 and 2001. Charles Berlitz in his best-selling 1981 book Doomsday 1999 AD wrote that studies of the Great Pyramid show that September 17, 2001 is a terminal date for the world.

Charles Berlitz writes: "While remembering that this is an interpretive prophecy mainly after the fact, it is still intriguing to observe that certain modern events appear to have been indicated in advance... the gallery measurements apparently indicated critical events that corresponded to World War I, World War II, the Atomic Age, and crucial events of the 50s and 70s. But the measurements - and history itself - seem to break off in 2001."

Just check this out (scroll down to the bottom)..............

http://www.newdawnmagazine.com/Articles/Prophecy and the Great Pyramid.html

Now, i may just be being an alarmist fool ("YES" says everyone! :) ), but tell me thats not at least a little freaky.......

It is too scary to contemplate at the moment - however there have been many predictions of the end of the world and I can remember as a kid - all the christians in my town going to the beach and waiting for the end of the world - needless to say they trudged home still very much alive and not in heaven!! .... thats when i decided to live life and not worry about all this - if it happens - it happens and I will at least die happy - not worried.

Oh the joy of being blissfully ignorant!!

:)

I know what you mean Tish (I can call you Tish right?? :) ) But before it was just some nuts saying it, now it really does seem like something that could happen...........
I think i need a smiley to cheer me up :D Ahh thats better :)

Of course u can call me tish.....:)

I know what you mean but I just can't think about it - it makes me feel full of doom and gloom....

Here is a poem that my 11 yr old daughter wrote yesterday...

As all the people die,
And the planes are flying high,
All the people scream,
While everyone dreams,
And then they wake with fright,
As people jump from a huge height,
Everyone cries,
And we question why,
And the man just runs,
As the buildings go one by one,
The smoke is getting nearer & nearer,
People scream, “I can’t bear it”
There might be a world war 3,
But what would happen to me?

By Abbie 11 yrs

she has the same writing style as me!! Amazing huh? It's not only adults who worry about this stuff... but it must be ten times scarier to a kid!!!
Smileys for Everyone...:) :) :)

Damn. I don't know what to make out of that September 17 business. All I know is I have a big exam that day, and now I can't concentrate on stupid cell biology if people are predicting the beginning of the end. ARGH! I wish I lived in Greenland or something...

But boy oh boy, that pyramid stuff is pretty freaky considering what's been happening. Really makes you wonder doesn't it.

I know what you mean Kem, Im sure its all just crap, but i just found it wierd considering that usually when people say/prophecise the world ending theres nothing to suggest its even possible, but now its different. The timeline doesnt actually end though, it just drops straight down, which doesnt suggest something good.
I dont know if you read the whole thing, but the timeline isnt a "written" one as such, its measured through the passages and predicted the crucifiction, ww1 and 2 and other stuff.......strange!!

Tish: You are right again about that of course :)

Nostradamus was not a prophet, the Great Pyramid 'timeline' is nothing but hopeful (hopeless?) speculation from alarmists with too much time on their hands and the world as we know it will end when it gets hit with a meteor anytime between now and the next 10,000 years.

:D

30000? bloody hell.....they dont even have a target yet...though I wouldnt want to be in afghanistan right about now.

Originally posted by Morticia
Don't be saad....... be happy that we live in such a good part of the world and we have food and computers etc......
:) :) :) :)

I'm afraid this sometimes ins't enough.

Are food and computers the end of everything? Should we be happy we have them? Is there not an alternative to living?

I'd gladly trade my car, stereo, house, for a peaceful way to live.

Should we be happy to 'be'?