Read this......

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
My brother emailed me this quote..........

"In the City of God there will be a great thunder, Two brothers torn
apart by Chaos, while the fortress endures, the great leader will
succumb" , "The third big war will begin when the big city is burning"

- Nostradamus 1654

The thunder is the planes crashing into the buildings, the 2 brothers torn apart are the 2 towers, the fortress that endures is the pentagon, the great leader that will succumb to public pressure and declare war is Bush. (at least, thats my interpretation)

Kinda scary/wierd, even though I dont think its true and dont usually go for all that "prophecy" crap (unless its iced earth), just thought you all might find it interesting, thats why I posted it.

Its such a strange day today.

The 6 might be a typo, i heard someone on the radio say it this morning too.....I dont know for sure either way though.

Actually that sound really familiar...besides the dates being inaccurate I'm pretty sure it is Nostradamus. I can vaguely remember another prophecy of his that the 3rd world war would end with the oceans being red with Arab blood. Definitely scarey stuff. All we need now is the pope to die because according to Nostradamus that will signal the coming of the Apocalypse.

Horsmen are drawing nearer...

I remember that "oceans being red with arab blood" bit from a tv show on nostradmus as well..............

As your prophecy-buster for the day, I point you to the Nostradamus/World Trade Center Meme.

"In the City of God there will be a great thunder, Two brothers torn apart by Chaos, while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb" , "The third big war will begin when the big city is burning"
This pair of 'Nostradamus quotes' being propagated via email and web pages, isn't what it appears to be at all. On one hand, by taking two separate brief prophecies, one can form any kind of after-the-fact prediction that one wants to, magnetic-poetry-style, but more importantly, the first quote wasn't written by Nostradamus at all but was written five years ago by Neil Marshall, a Canadian high school senior in his Critical Analysis of Nostradamus.

In his paper, Neil talks about the 'infinite monkeys principle'...

"If I make say a thousand prophecies that are fairly abstract for example:
'In the City of God there will be a great thunder, Two brothers torn apart by Chaos, while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb'

and goes on to talk about all the ways his own example could be interpreted, basically saying that of 1000 random prophecies like the one he wrote, some are bound to come true. It's just amazing coincidence (or a great cosmic gift, you decide) that the single example he made up for his paper happened to be so appropriate today.

For those naysayers, note that (until today's blogs get indexed by Google) a search for 'brothers torn apart by chaos' retrieves only one entry, the paper mentioned above, while an actual Nostradamus prophecy segment such as 'that which is enclosed in iron and letter in a fish' retrieves nearly 40, all from Nostradamus sites, several of which have the full translated texts.

As for the other part, "The third big war will begin when the big city is burning," well that doesn't appear on the web at all (again, until google indexes the new blog entries).

It's just another urban legend, only operating on Internet time: Shaped, propagated, and publicly debunked, all on the very same day.

Nostradamus also wrote:

In the year 1999 and seven months
From the sky will come the great terror
That will resurrect the Asian warlord
Before and after, war will reign

or words to that effect. Have a bit of a surf around and see how many whackjobs will attribute Nostradamus to today's events.

Originally posted by Invisible Boy
As your prophecy-buster for the day, I point you to the Nostradamus/World Trade Center Meme.

"In the City of God there will be a great thunder, Two brothers torn apart by Chaos, while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb" , "The third big war will begin when the big city is burning"
This pair of 'Nostradamus quotes' being propagated via email and web pages, isn't what it appears to be at all. On one hand, by taking two separate brief prophecies, one can form any kind of after-the-fact prediction that one wants to, magnetic-poetry-style, but more importantly, the first quote wasn't written by Nostradamus at all but was written five years ago by Neil Marshall, a Canadian high school senior in his Critical Analysis of Nostradamus.

In his paper, Neil talks about the 'infinite monkeys principle'...

"If I make say a thousand prophecies that are fairly abstract for example:
'In the City of God there will be a great thunder, Two brothers torn apart by Chaos, while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb'

and goes on to talk about all the ways his own example could be interpreted, basically saying that of 1000 random prophecies like the one he wrote, some are bound to come true. It's just amazing coincidence (or a great cosmic gift, you decide) that the single example he made up for his paper happened to be so appropriate today.

For those naysayers, note that (until today's blogs get indexed by Google) a search for 'brothers torn apart by chaos' retrieves only one entry, the paper mentioned above, while an actual Nostradamus prophecy segment such as 'that which is enclosed in iron and letter in a fish' retrieves nearly 40, all from Nostradamus sites, several of which have the full translated texts.

As for the other part, "The third big war will begin when the big city is burning," well that doesn't appear on the web at all (again, until google indexes the new blog entries).

It's just another urban legend, only operating on Internet time: Shaped, propagated, and publicly debunked, all on the very same day.

Gees, way to make a fool of me Invisible Boy :loco: :)

You know, first that bloody Sydo and his Dream Theater thread, now this one...Im just gonna shut my mouth from now on :D

Whats that sayin? "Better to have people assume you are a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt?"

Here that?? Thats doubt leaving the building.....

Originally posted by Invisible Boy
Oops sorry, I read that on another forumn myself and it got me thinking too. Then someone posted that also.

You dont have to be sorry, im only kidding around ;) I just needed some light relief this evening and you pointing out my stupidity was it :D