everybody take a look at this

"Bush is NOT a great leader... Yeah. I agree with that one. I watched him address the nation last night, and I know most were comforted by his words...but, frankly. I felt like it was a bunch of bullshit. He just opened our mouths and stuffed it in! He said not ONE word that I needed to hear! He didn't say what he was going to do or what they know or who they've contacted yet or anything. He just said, "I'm scared too and I feel bad for all of you and I'm going to do what I can to fix it. Give blood." That's what he said to me. I know, like I said, that he comforted a lot of people...but that just scared me. He did the exact opposite for me. I guess I just expected more from him. He's reassuring everyone that he's going to do his best. I wanted him to give me the latest detailed information. I know, that's not going to come from him. I expected more from the President. Fuck. Did they close the doors on Canada yet or what?!

The date of this being on 9/11 is a bit odd, but I don't think it was planned that way, but we'll never know. As far as Nostrodumbass! predicting that this would happen in '99...well, if he was right in the past, maybe he saw WAY into the future. Maybe it was 2099 that he was seeing the WWIII in.

:confused: I can only imagine what today will bring.

Lynn

Darkness encloses.

God I have so many reasons why Goerge Bush is a twat. A few of them:

think anybody who doesn't think I'm smart enough to handle the job is underestimating."

"The most important job is not to be governor, or first lady in my case" - Pella, Iowa, as quoted by the San Antonio Express-News, Jan. 30, 2000.

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?" - Florence, S.C., Jan. 11, 2000.

"Nigeria is an important continent " - Oct., 2000.

"If you're asking me as the president would I understand reality, I do."

"Natural gas is hemispheric. I like to call it hemispheric in nature because it is a product that we can find in our neighborhoods" - Austin, Texas, Dec. 20, 2000.

"I know how hard it is to put food on your family" - Greater Nashua, N.H., Chamber of Commerce, Jan. 27, 2000.

"If you say you're going to do something and don't do it, that's trustworthiness."

"The senator [McCain] has got to understand if he's going to have - he can't have it both ways. He can't take the high horse and then claim the low road" - to reporters in Florence, S.C., Feb. 17, 2000.

"It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it." - Reuters, May 5, 2000.

"I know the human being and fish can co-exist peacefully" - Saginaw, Mich., Sept. 29, 2000.

"We ought to make the pie higher" - South Carolina Republican Debate, Feb. 15, 2000.

"There's not going to be enough people in the system to take advantage of people like me."

"This case has had full analyzation and has been looked at a lot."

"There ought to be limits to freedom. We're aware of this [web] site, and this guy is just a garbage man, that's all he is" - George Jr., discussing a web site that parodies him . . .

"It is clear our nation is reliant upon big foreign oil. More and more of our imports come from overseas" - Sept., 2000.

"They [farmers] will be in the forethought of our thinking."

"I'm a uniter not a divider. That means when it comes time to sew up your chest cavity, we use stitches as opposed to opening it up" - Bush, on David Letterman, March 2, 2000. (the audience booed).

"I understand small business growth. I was one"- New York Daily News, Feb. 19, 2000.

"Will the highways on the Internet become more few?"

"We cannot let terrorists and rogue nations hold this nation hostile" - Sept., 2000.

"Let me make sure I know what you're saying. You're calling me back to retract your confession?"

"It's not the governor's role to decide who goes to heaven. I believe that God decides who goes to heaven, not George W. Bush" - George W. Bush, in the Houston Chronicle.

Michel Nostradamus was apparently a goddamn genius. He wrote so blurry and all-round texts that, to quote Hearse, you could write a shopping list and suddenly realize "Holy SHIT! Nostradamus predicted what I'm supposed to buy!", and that is exactly what people are doing.

Come on, if you write a thousand poems (ok, I apologize, I don't remember how many Centuries he wrote and how many prophecies each Century has.. yeah, I've shuffled through the book) with vague references to someone or some place, it's very likely that something close to that ("twin brothers", for example) will be built and an event around that will occur.

As for G.W.Bush addressing the nation.. I can't believe he said the things he did.

America was targeted for attack because we're the brightest beacon for freedom and opportunity in the world.
Aha?

Thank you. Good night and God bless America.
Sigh.
I'm sorry; citizens of the USA have the highest and strongest self-respect I could ever imagine, and I'm sure it can be a wonderful place to live in, the people are friendly and caring, but AARGH! I can't stand it! It's like eating syrup with a cooking ladle from a three gallon barrel! Reading the stuff you US lads and lassies (cheers Opet :p) have posted here regained my faith in the "normality" of US people, but now the "oh Christ, no more" feeling is back again.

I don't mean to insult any of you fellow Opethian US guys or gals, and I sincerely hope you won't think I'm an idiot for blaring out thoughts like this of mine, I just can't stand stuff like that.

Sorry I just got them off the website. My point was I don't think he's of a particulally high intelligence. Sorry if u find them insulting :) I went there on holiday and did find the patriotism slightly cringe-making to say the least.

The thing about nostradamus, is if he really could make predictions, then he couldn't publish them as he would have been executed for witch craft. But I think personally that they are so vague and so many you can link most of them to anything. I mean, most don't have dates. Some have been linked to both the moon landing and Diana's death etc.

Damn this sticky keyboard :mad:

his prediction were far too vague to be held as true predictions.

im with you there, i mean whats the chances that if a war (speaking of which there is none) happens then a city would be on fire? what war has there been where a city isn't on fire? or been attacked? and when he says the third war, well it doesn't say third WORLD war, a third war could mean any war!

in conclusion, its the stuff with horoscopes, where it says you will do this and that and its all bollocks, i can write a horoscope too, here it is, Torus - you will meet someone today, who in turn will speak to you. . as i said its all shit. if you believe the world will end i advise you take out a loan and spend spend spend, but then i doubt you will. :D

Regarding this alleged Nostradamus quote:

I found the following at a Nostradamus web site:
http://www.nostradamus-repository.org/

------------------------------
The following quatrain has been circulating the Internet after the WTC
bombings.

In the City of God there will be a great thunder,
two brothers torn apart by chaos,
while the fortress endures, the great leader will sucumb.
The third big war will begin when the big city is burning.

It is NOT by Nostradamus

Originally posted by Orchid
As for G.W.Bush addressing the nation.. I can't believe he said the things he did. "America was targeted for attack because we're the brightest beacon for freedom and opportunity in the world." Aha?

"Thank you. Good night and God bless America." Sigh.
I'm sorry; citizens of the USA have the highest and strongest self-respect I could ever imagine, and I'm sure it can be a wonderful place to live in, the people are friendly and caring, but AARGH! I can't stand it! It's like eating syrup with a cooking ladle from a three gallon barrel!
yeah, i was horrified when he said that first quote, about people attacking us because they're jealous or something. the sad thing is, most americans will now believe that was the cause of all this because they've never talked to non-americans and because they respect what bush has to say. so much RHETORIC bullshit!

and as for your second quote, the one about "god bless america," do you dislike that he mentioned god or that he only wants god to bless america? either one sucks, so i agree with you. america is very, very, very religious compared to most developed countries -- that's also why we're quite backwards in many ways. my norwegian cousins were shocked by all the "i love jesus" bumperstickers when they visited here. but i also think that it's soooooo arrogant to say "god bless america." and it used to just be that conservatives said it, but now the liberals have to say it too because most of the country is religious and they want to be elected. ugh, it's all so nauseating. i mean, why would god give a rat's ass about the US and not the rest of the world? because we're rich? yeah right, according to religious bullshit, god would care more for the poor countries anyway.

why are people so blind????

Originally posted by Lina
and as for your second quote, the one about "god bless america," do you dislike that he mentioned god or that he only wants god to bless america?

The Bush quotes and my comments I wrote in a bit of a hurry (I'm still at work, earning that little extra money I can get); I just got a nauseating feeling about that "God bless America", which is the thing I most hate in Hollywood movies: depicting some guy from the States saving the whole World accompanied by "God bless America" esque soundtracks and scenes. In a way I do understand all that, but too much is too much.

It was also an inside joke..

Obviously Mr. President has said many things in the past that even the citizens within America are...well, whatever you want to call it. It's depressing. I know there are much smarter people in the country that if they had the "power" of presidency....sheesh! I can't even imagine the possibilities. But then at the same time, most of those people probably wouldn't want anything to do with it. Shit, they probably WANT the idiot in there. Little people puppet.

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"
OK, another illiterate bastard. What else?!

"I know how hard it is to put food on your family." --> :err:

"It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it." --> :err:

"There's not going to be enough people in the system to take advantage of people like me." Oh Christ! Was this meant to reassure?!

I'm sure some may have just been typos on his little speech-scrolling screen. Maybe he wasn't even thinking of the words and just blurting them out, but I'm not defending his clowniness, just saying I understand there could be other explanations other than HE'S AN IDIOT. If someone like that can become president...

:confused:

Lynn

WOW! Nostradomous predictions! (sarcasm)

Everybody has access to the predictions, so if they want to make one come try, they just do it. That, & his predictions were so vauge that everything he predicted can be interpreted as happening in some manner.

Thats probably true about the typos, but you would have thought he would realise it was wrong? He's just generally a very poor public speaker. Apparently his bro is really clever and good under pressure etc. Its depressing someone so thick and narrow/small minded can have that much power :mad:

A friend of mine said bush is supposed to be in the top 10% or 20% most well-educated u.s citizens, but I didn't want to believe him. Can anyone confirm or refute this?

Do you find it surprising that the general opinion in Europe was that Bush had no chance of winning? :)

Damn, I was SO looking forward to seeing Gore as the President. THAT guy has the thing a president of the United States should in my opinion have.

Aggravated yes, but I'll say Bush doesn't give a fuck about the world outside of US. Gore is/was more international. Way.

Well, I sincerely hope "Double U" can handle this latest horrendous incident in good fashion.

[edit]
Oh, don't ask me how I feel about the U.S. election system. :p :p
[/edit]

Originally posted by Protocol
A friend of mine said bush is supposed to be in the top 10% or 20% most well-educated u.s citizens, but I didn't want to believe him. Can anyone confirm or refute this?
i mean, he went to the most elite schools in this country, if that's what you mean. and i suppose that's how your friend came up with that statistic. but obviously he only got into those schools because of his family's prominence and money.

how can something like that be measured at all? i don't think i need to tell you how inane this is, because to a large degree intelligence is something a person is born with, not something learned -- at least, common sense is that way.

Speaking of Nostradamos (pardon the spelling, just to lazy to look it up), I thought it was cool (and a bit cheesy) how when Emperor toured the US in July of '99 all of their material had the quote

"in the year 1999 and 7 months, from the sky shall come the great reign of terror"

I bet you those fuckers waited to tour then just for that!