at this forum , but if not....read this

"
In the City of God there will be a great thunder, Two
brothers torn apart by Chaos, while the fortress
endures, the great leader will succumb" , "The
third big war will begin when the big city is
burning.. "

Nostradamus 1654

Yeah, but it's debatable that that is a proper translation. My boss at work has a copy of the book, written in the original languages (Nostradamus used 3 or something), which he can read and he couldn't find it. The people that have been publishing the story, in my country at least, haven't quoted what part it's from, so....... (not that I'm saying everyone else is wrong, I'm just saying, 'sall. If anyone knows the location of the quote, please tell).

And could NY really be called the city of god? It's probably one of the last places that could use that tag. As far as Nostradamus was concerned, the city of god was probably the Vatican, or some other such place. America was not known to exist, Europe was the entire world as far as anyone knew (well, those in Europe. I'm sure the rest of the world knew they existed....:loco: ).

It's a cool quote though.

That particular "prophecy" is written by Neil Marshall:

"If I make say a thousand prophecies that are fairly abstract for example:

In the City of God there will be a great thunder, Two brothers torn apart by Chaos, while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb

Well let us analyse this. For Example what does City of God mean? It could be Mecca, Medina, Rome, Jeruselum, Salt Lake City, or any holy city depending on your religion. What do I mean by thunder--a storm? War? EarthQuake? lots of stuff can be described by thunder. There are a lot of two brothers on this world (I think the Number runs among the Billions) and fortress edure's what--Besiegement, Famine, etc? What Great Leader? How will he succumb? To what?

Now let the prophecy rest for a few years. Add a couple thousand more. Eventually, one of them will fit close enought with events that have happened in the future that the prophecy will appear to come true. If you make enough prophecies and are intelligent enough to word them in such a way that they are abstract you become instant future see-er person. For example those psychics you see every year that make predictions for the year 199-whatever generally get one or two out of ten predictions right. It is because they are good guessers and that there is enough of them to make it seem like people can really predict the future"

http://www.ed.brocku.ca/~nmarshal/nostradamus.htm

yea i couldnt care less.... let me tell ya something, and everyone should listen to this

I dont need nostradamus to tell me that theres going to be a big war coming up, it should be common sense.. its happening, dont deny it

I posted this on another thread as well, but...regarding this alleged Nostradamus quote:

The quote was, in fact, created by a Canadian college student named Neil Marshall with whom I am acquainted via e-mail. Neil created it as part of a website debunking Nostradamus by pointing out how easy it is to make vague statements which could be interpreted numerous ways. On his website, Neil
goes on to interpret this statement in several ways, none of which are remotely connected to yesterday's events.

http://www.nostradamus-repository.org/

How exactly was it quoted? As I said earlier, I was sent a different version of it, which seems to make it even more valid. If it were, in fact, a direct quote, I'd say it was interesting, though I'd be very sceptical, which I am either way. Now, though, I doubt that it's even a valid quote. Here's what I said in the other post:

Here's yet another version of the "quote":

"In the year of the new century and nine months,
From the sky will come a great King of Terror...
The sky will burn at forty-five degrees.
Fire approaches the great new city.."
In the city of york there will be a great collapse,
2 twin brothers torn apart by chaos while the fortress fall
the great leader will succumb
the third big war will begin when the big city is burning
- NOSTRADAMUS

Supposedly New York is at 45 degrees or something. The quotes keep changing. And yes, I do remember it actually being to the effect of "and 7 months" and some scholars claimed that calendars were different back then, so it'd actually add up to be in September or October, I don't remember exactly. I also find it interesting that the first few lines are quoted and the rest aren't. :rolleyes: