recommend good ambient music here.

Oliwa29

Jul 29, 2001
Waycross,Georgia, USA
Visit site
In aim to balance out my cd collection. I need more ambient music. Keep in mind, I'm using the term 'ambient' very loosely, so any suggestions are welcome. And please, no mentioning of Mortiis or Summoning.:)

Here's what I'm into already:
Ulver
Dead Can Dance
Wongraven
Angels of Venice
KK Null
Aghast
Stoa
Corvus Corax
Shinjuku Thief

Zelda theme music.

Let's hear it..

Tribes of Neurot; Bass Communion; Vitriol; John Zorn's Execution Ground or Execution Ground Ambient albums, both off his band Painkiller's Collected Works 4-CD set;Merzbow is loosely ambient if you like extremely loud noise ambience; The Boredoms' album Vision Creation Newsun is not really ambient, but kind of; Old Man Gloom's Seminar III

for more psychedelic ambient, try

Brotherhood of Eternal Love
&
Acid Mothers Temple and the Melting Paraiso U.F.O.

Profane Grace - "Cast in the mold of the ancients"
-> Death Ambient (some short MP3)

Aphrodisiac - "Nonsense Chamber"
-> Industrial Ambient; with Members of Fleurety, Arcturus and Ved Buens Ende; some very strange stuff

Nordvargr - "Awaken"
-> Dark Ambient (MP3 (5 min.))

When - "Death in the Blue Lake" / "Svartedauen" / "Grey, Part I" / ...
-> Some of the most experimental and unpredictable "music" I´ve ever heard, lots of his older works are some kind of ambient; you´re into Ulver, so I guess you know about Lars Pedersen

Oliwa29 said:
In aim to balance out my cd collection. I need more ambient music. Keep in mind, I'm using the term 'ambient' very loosely, so any suggestions are welcome. And please, no mentioning of Mortiis or Summoning.:)

Here's what I'm into already:
Ulver
Dead Can Dance
Wongraven
Angels of Venice
KK Null
Aghast
Stoa
Corvus Corax
Shinjuku Thief

Zelda theme music.

Let's hear it..

You have the wongraven album :cry: I'm so jealous. I want it so much! :err:

Im alraedy liking some of these groupsjust by looking at their names. Keep 'em coming.

GYBE, I'm into it already.. it's best for me to listen to their music on the stereo as background music. Actually I like A Silver Mt Zion a bit better.

John Zorn, I have his Naked City stuff... not sure if i could like his ambient. It sounds like deflated balloons being stretched over a guitar, from the little i've heard. Might look into it a bit more.

Merzbow is good but not exactly what I'm looking for.

raison d'etre, I should get more of this. I like the little that I've heard.

When is good.

I tried the Nordvargr mp3.. not bad.

Next on my list will be Shpongle and Bass Communion. Then I'll try the others. Nightmares on Wax sounds really interesting.

MORE Raison D'etre :p

Karjalan Sissit

ARCANA (Though this tends more towards Gothic)

Dargaard (Though this tends slightly more towards Avante Gard)

Peter Anderson (Principle artist for Raison D'etre)

Necrophorous

Con Sono (But It's kinda hard to get nowadays)

.....OK at the rate things are going I'm just gonna end up listing the whole CMI Catalogue..... So just start with the ones I listed (as they are the best/first to come tom mind to me) then make your way over to www.coldmeat.se if you haven't had your fill yet. :D