Recommend me a game for the next few weeks

I dunno about these new fangled RPG's. I've been playing through Shining Force and Final Fantasy Tactics on my iPhone and loving it way more than when I tried to slog through the witcher and dragon age.

Play some old shit!

What he said! You can go even older: just download some SNES emulator and play Final Fantasy III (VI for the fans in the know). It's one of the most enjoyable games I've played, even though it came out in 1990.

Yeah definitely recommend emulators. Have lately wanted to revisit some of my favorites but discovered the other day that my playstation was screwed, and my PS3 atm is indisposed. Got it going all in a jiffy with my ps4 pad on the PC and all is well with the (my) world :p

Dishonored was my favorite game of last gen. The story is very succinct and everything in the dialogue or notes you find is useful for gameplay, there is absolutely no fluff in the game. It feels like an rpg for people bored with conventional fantasy settings and leveling up and all those staples. If you want a massive world with conversation to be had with the locals that serve no purpose this is not the game for you.

Yeah that game is really amazing. Great visual style, fun gameplay and lots of ways to complete the missions. I've beaten it once but plan on doing a 2nd playthrough asap.

Also want to pick up that Dying Light game soon as well. The Forest looks cool if you're into the crafting style of games with an added action/horror element.

What he said! You can go even older: just download some SNES emulator and play Final Fantasy III (VI for the fans in the know). It's one of the most enjoyable games I've played, even though it came out in 1990.

Final Fantasy VI came out in 94. It was called Final Fantasy III in the US because only FF1 and FF4 were released in the US so it was the third one in the series here.

So the real Final Fantasy III from 1990 is another game.