Recommend me some drum mixes!!

Sep 8, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Hey guys!

I really want to work on getting my overall drum mix better. Can you recommend me some songs or albums where the drum tracks are worth learning from. Please don't recommend me the normal hardcore bands..UNLESS u really need to.

Cheers!

cmon fuckerssssss

128880122708680783.jpg

Can you recommend me some songs or albums where the drum tracks are worth learning from.

But for realzies... This is not 1920s. Listen to music, form your own opinions. We have vast libraries of free legal music listen to on the internet like at Spotify, Grooveshark, Pandora, YouTube etc.

But in my opinion, look at the mixing engineers more than the bands or producers: When it comes to rock and metal, almost everything mixed by Andy Wallace, Randy Staub, Chris Lord-Alge, Andy Sneap, Mikko Karmila, Terry Date and Michael Wagener is pretty much awesome. And Ross Robinson and Rick Rubin, if excluding the recent years.

And Tool's "Lateralus" album is phenomenal. :worship: :worship:

But for realzies... This is not 1920s. Listen to music, form your own opinions. We have vast libraries of free legal music listen to on the internet like at Spotify, Grooveshark, Pandora, YouTube etc.

But in my opinion, look at the mixing engineers more than the bands or producers: When it comes to rock and metal, almost everything mixed by Andy Wallace, Randy Staub, Chris Lord-Alge, Andy Sneap, Mikko Karmila, Terry Date and Michael Wagener is pretty much awesome. And Ross Robinson and Rick Rubin, if excluding the recent years.

And Tool's "Lateralus" album is phenomenal. :worship: :worship:

Thanks!

check out jens bogrens mixes. awesome drums stuff beyond the usual 100% sample replaced and edited to death type of sound. (katatonia´s the great cold distance is my absolute favourite)

check out jens bogrens mixes. awesome drums stuff beyond the usual 100% sample replaced and edited to death type of sound. (katatonia´s the great cold distance is my absolute favourite)

yes:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpxZG-G5Eqc&feature=related[/ame]

and

crappy tjooptjoop quality but you got to have these albums

Last edited by a moderator: