8. Vermin
9. Manslaughter
10. End Civilization
11. Sewer Life
12. State Rape
13. Insecticide
14. Oil Money
15. Random Act of Senseless Violence

This album is probably somewhat known around here, but I thought there might be a few that were too skeptical to just go ahead and buy it. Hopefully these three samples paint a good picture of the band. I thought the three samples showed a little bit of the variation that this album has. The first Curse of the Golden Vampire album is nothing like this. Don't get it. This album KILLS it.

I'd be willing to upload the entire album, if anybody wants it.

Here's a description of the album from Amazon.

"This recording just plain hurts. While this may be the update to the uber-classic "Scum" album from Napalm Death(with whom Justin played in their humble beginnings), I don't really believe that it has any implications of "future genre cornerstone" like the aforementioned. So what you get here is a whirlwind of thrash, punk, digital hardcore, a peppering of Godflesh-esque riffs, and tons of over-the-top distorted diatribes from JK Flesh and the man known as the Bug. These guys should need no introduction, but since the world is often more preoccupied with pomp than circumstance, suffice it to say that they are masters at their trade. This time around, instead of trippy drum loops and infinite remixes, they've distilled some seriously harsh socio-political rhetoric and set it to a sonic backdrop to incinerate your eardrums. The songs are generally quite fast, with some detours into straight up grind, but a lot of them hang around too long and the overall feel is somewhat samey. What they have done really well here is demonstrate just how close you can get to having a total noise wipeout on your record without ever crossing the line. The drums are very menacing, and sometimes they take over the song(a Broadrick trademark)in a fashion not unlike some of Agoraphobic Nosebleed's machine gun grind. Almost every sound you hear on this disc is distorted. While this makes for an impressively angry atmosphere, it is somewhat unlistenable. In my opinion, this record will appeal mostly to fans of Broadrick's work previous to this. Now all we have to do is sit around and twiddle our thumbs until he unveils Jesu, his newest project."

www.ipecac.com

http://www.godflesh.com/projects/curse/

This album is like a psychotic anxiety attack crammed into 40 minutes. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED

Dick Sirloin said:
Yeah, I figured not many would buy into this sort of thing...

Me too, but I didn't want to just recommend something I didn't feel strongly about.

I wanted to do a recommendation on Thralldom, but I might save that for next time. Its hard to post only a few songs for some bands.

i'm going to listen to it because it has justin

EDIT: yeah i'm not a huge fan of "aggression through excessive digital distortion"

you know if you actually write aggressive music to begin with you don't have to rely on gimmicks to make it work

Erik said:
i'm going to listen to it because it has justin

EDIT: yeah i'm not a huge fan of "aggression through excessive digital distortion"

you know if you actually write aggressive music to begin with you don't have to rely on gimmicks to make it work

I was hoping you'd listen to that stuff, since you're kind of into some of this.

Justin just wanted to do a project of total excess. He wasn't necessarily trying to use distortion to be aggressive. Anyway, distortion isn't even the main ingrediant on this stuff.

This is like the antithesis to all the vintage equipment bands I've come to know and love over the past few years.

Also I imagine a lot of punching occuring while this music plays in the background, much of which is aided by brass knuckles and digital visual effects.

Partially the vox, but also partially what Erik said about the digital distortion, coupled with the loud, hissy, trebly, harshness of CotGV, make Atom/Phantomsmasher more palatable to these ears. But both rule in their 'break out once in a while when in the mood to truly go psycho' way.