Recommendation: Calabrese

ChaosLee

Formerly Necromunchkin
Nov 9, 2008
Arizona
For my first recommendation, I'm going with a local band who are some seriously cool fellows (and super geeks) and play a type of music that is forever near and dear to my cold, black heart.

Calabrese play a Misfits-inspired type horror-punk/death rock, albeit with a touch more metal influence. There is nothing serious going on here kids, this is FUN, rockin' party tunes with a skeletal grin. And while this is nothing new and different, I honestly think there is no bad making music who this horror rock style better.

As far as where to begin, I find their second album, The Traveling Vampire Show, one of the best listens beginning to end. III- They Call Us Death has high points, but their recently released "Dayglo Necros" is actually sounding pretty fun too, so that would be my second choice.

Fortunately, they have some ridiculously cheesy videos for two of the best tracks off "The Traveling Vampire Show." This is not "serious music." This is pure guilt-free fun. :headbang::kickass:

Voices of the Dead

Vampires Don't Exist

Within the Abyss
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAhYHqmPvjA&feature=relmfu[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
This would be fun as an opening band at a free show for 20 minutes after I consumed a few beers. That's about as into punk as I get.

Well, I do own one non-Danzig punk album, for sentimental reasons concerning one song that I heard when I was 5 years old.