recommendation: klabautamann - der ort

and wow, this is a total Opeth ripoff. or Opeth ripped them off, i dunno the order. okay well maybe just an influence, but definitely a big one.

interesting guitar panning, pretty enjoyable stuff. might listen a handful of times even!

edit: k this October song is really cool.

once I was NAD said:
and wow, this is a total Opeth ripoff. or Opeth ripped them off, i dunno the order. okay well maybe just an influence, but definitely a big one.

interesting guitar panning, pretty enjoyable stuff. might listen a handful of times even!

edit: k this October song is really cool.

Heh, one site I visited said this was "Opeth meets Setherial".

If anyone is interested, I just picked up this CD at deathgasm records for $10. I also bought the latest Deathspell Omega and finally, Stormcrowfleet (also $10).

Erik said:
you're probably going to recommend burritos
:oops:

yeah so i dig these samples, but can tell it'd be a real rare listen for me so i'm not going to run out and buy it. so like, 3-stars or something.

i like the music and production ... the German vocals don't work for me ... why does everything sung in German sound like an order?

the vocals fuck me up ... they remind of of Rammstein playing BM

EDIT ... sorry, jumped the gun a bit, did not realize there were English tracks ... great mood from there guys overall.
has these great passages, but there is a "spring in the step" of most of the riffs on this disc ... This is what a band like Agalloch is lacking ...

MadeInNewJersey said:
I have so much to recommend, I think I'm going to put TWO albums w/ multiple downloads for whichever band I choose :D

If that's within the rules, I might do the same as my deadline's approaching and I still haven't decided between three candidates...as for this band, downloaded the last song and the music was impressive, less so the vocals.

OK peeps, here's a quick recap on our recommendation game:

1 - Part of the fun is that you can only go with ONE recommendation per thread (and it will be stuck up top). So you have to be *really* sure about what you're going with, muwahahaha. It can be anything you like, provided you think it's worth the time for someone to download the sample (obviously).

2 - Otherwise, feel free to start as many recommendation threads as you like.....but only 1 will be "stickied". It's your 15 minutes of glory.

3 - When all is said and done, we'll have at least 40-50 "recommendation" threads that will be archived and searchable within this forum. THAT is f'ing cool IMO.

FYI - to anyone that wants to start a random recommendation thread (in general) -- it might be worth putting "recommendation" in the title so it will appear in all search results for that search term.

This band better be fucking worth it, I'm convinced Quicktime takes a year off my life expectancy every time I use it.

Whoa, this opening part sounds like Opeth, only a bit more complex...

Agree with NAD about the 'interesting' guitar panning - although downright disorientating is what springs to my mind! Pretty unique, though...

Not too bad at all - probably needs a few more listens to fully work on me, but it's pretty impressive stuff.