Recommendation: Harmaa - Airut:aamujen

spikes77

Jun 6, 2001
Brooklyn, NYC
Harmaa - Airut: aamujen (2004 UTUstudio)

HarmaaAirutAamujen250.jpg

1. saapuminen
2. seitsensarvi
3. lävitseni kaikkeen
4. luopumisen laulu
5. kuvajainen
6. oikea sointi
7. kahluu
8. hiensynty
9. läheltä

If you like Tenhi, this might be for you. It's a continuation of their Airut:ciwi album. All the songs are piano driven (with some bass/drums guitars). Some parts are very upbeat while others are quite dark and brooding. Vocals, both male and female have that finnish shaman-like quality you know from Tenhi. Very earthy and spacious. Much like Tenhi, it sounds like nature itself is channeled through these songs... I tried to choose the tracks with a mix of piano and other instruments.

Mandatory purchase for EVERYONE. Easier to get into than any Tenhi and maybe as good. The piano RUlzzzzzzz.

Yeah, I like this as well. Sounds a whole lot like Tenhi though, side projects that sound almost like the "main band" always kinda puzzle me.

Good stuff -- only managed to grab the first track here before the jewsendits expired, but I like what I hear. The piano is the standout -- the section at 3:15 is especially hunky dory.

The album is full of such catchy and beautiful sections , definitely more easy-listening than Maaäet for instance..