3. Night Guard
4. Working Joe
5. You Can't Stay Here
6. The Idiot
7. Lies
8. Canol Road
9. Free in the Harbour
10. California

First and foremost, to prevent any dissapointment: THIS IS NOT ADVENTUROUS MUSIC. It doesn't attempt to push boundaries or do anything new. It's a simple folk album consisting entirely of original songs by some guy from rural Canada who started off as a rock bassist and ended up writing intimate, soulful traditional-style songs based around acoustic guitars, 12 string guitars, various classical stringed instruments, occasional electric guitars or percussion, and the deep, powerful vocals of the band's namesake.

I've been listening to these songs for most of my life, via cassette and a live album my parents used to play in the car on long trips. This is the first music I ever got really into, before that inexplicable nu-metal/mainstream rock phase. I won't say any more about it, but that I hope some of you guys enjoy it. Needless to say, it's in my top 10 OF ALL TIME WTF!?! without question.

I actually downloaded and listened through all those samples. That says a lot in favour of this recommandations venture...

OK, nice folk music but predictably enough not my case. Guess I lack the background.

This was an interesting pick indeed. I personally enjoy (pure) folk music a lot, and thus I found the more folk oriented songs of the ones you uploaded quite enjoyable. California was somewhat lame though, sounding like your standard sleezy ballad, and Lies kind of dull. But The Idiot was very good indeed, with that prominent beat and sad folk atmosphere it's been on my mind all day :)

I know I didn't pick the best songs. I'll upload or PM you some of the more folky ones sometime, maybe. I was limited to the mp3s my dad had on the comp.

I'm very glad someone is at least kind of interested in this. My next recommendation may be even more oddball than this, depends if I recieve it in the mail on time.

Late to the party. Again.

Dude this shit rocks. You know this dude just has a giant beard to, you can smell it.

I'm listening to all the samples, I have a Special RC Recommends Folder on my Desk Top, it just takes me A While to Get to Them.

The only one that flat out sucked so far I didn't comment on. It was painfully bad, ugh.

Bump for 4 new songs from different albums, not even sure what's from where but they're some of my ALL TIME FAVOURITE SONGS. I think I've identified what it is about this guy: he's able to tell absolutely heartwrenching stories with nice music without making it too sappy because his voice is so goddamn deep and awesome. I really love the guy.

Surprised you liked those songs though, NAD.

That description I just posted works pretty damn well for Cash too in some ways. I've only heard a couple of songs by the guy, but they flat out fucking ruled. "The Man Comes Around", "Hurt" (fuck NIN though tbh) and some other something.

ok seriously people, listen to The White Squall or Sailor's Rest and tell me that shit doesn't affect your emotions in any way. You'd have to be made of stone or something. Also, I've always been a sucker for music with nautical themes, and this guy really knows how to push my buttons in that area

Wasn't I supposed to make you a Best O' NIN? I remember arranging the tracks, just never burned anything. Still interested?

Yeah so where can I get this album? Awesome stuff.

Oh and I'll upload some Cash for you later.

I wouldn't rush. I still haven't listened to the Velvet Underground shitz you sent me. The stoner cdrs were fuckin great though, I've discovered a bunch of good shit through them. I think I'll just buy some Cash compilation or something sometime.