4.Moron
5.Electric Bear
6.No Encores
7.N.L.
8.Shrink
9.Your Signs
10.0-4

Console - Fourteen Zero Zero

I find it impossible to say anything about this album objectively. I've had it for well over six years, so it is pretty much engrained on my adolescence. The Notwist are a Bavarian band, part of a “circle of musicians”. These guys all play in each other’s bands, and the Notwist has more side-projects than I can count on two hands. The music itself is best described as a mixture between jazz, industrial rock, electronica and pop, and the side projects disappear into all of these genres and more. They cover a lot of ground, but the music is always emotive, interesting and - for me - they just have the ability to capture… something, which I really, really like. 'Another Planet' is The Notwist at their best, a nice mix of genres with a really nice wistful feeling, 'Moron' shows them at their most Jazzy, 'No Encores' their most depressing, and 'Your Signs' is just fantastic. I’ve also uploaded a song from Console as a bonus, one of their electronica side projects. Other side projects include the rocky Toxic, fusion-influenced Village Of Savoonga, jazzy Tied And Tickled Trio, lulling jazz-electronica in the form of Lali Puna, and Ms John Soda, which is emotional, chilled electronica.

I had to buy the CD from the US, so you shouldn’t have many problems getting hold of a copy there if you like it. Their earlier stuff was punk, and their later more post-pop. While I like everything, I can’t help but feel Shrink is their masterpiece. I’m really not sure how this will go down, but I wanted to recommend something different, and if only one person checks them out and likes them half as much as I do, it’ll be worth it.

:wave:

This is the kind of stuff we need recommended here, not 3-track heavy metal soundtracks to video games that are older than me!

edit: hey, this first track sounds really cool!

this album is definitely great! :worship:

I haven't listened to these guys in YEARS.

but I remember listening to them again when Neon Golden came out.. listened once and didn't think much of it so put it aside, though it was really nothing more than a cursory listen ..... haven't followed up with whats going on with Notwist since then......

and mentioning Lali Puna, at first I was LOLing at how I hadn't heard those guys in years either, but quickly I remembered they were actually really good too, and I was confusing them with the band Freezepop :oops:

I can upload songs from any of the side projects I mentioned if you're interested in hearing more. I did the same with Neon Golden, I've heard from a lot of people whose opinions I respect that that album takes a while to get into, but when it clicks it is even better than Shrink. I've lost my copy tho :erk:

FYI Neon Golden was the last album, unless I'm totally out of the loop :tickled: