Recommendation: Urfaust - Geist ist Teufel

Höhö, FYI, I acutally bought the vinyl version of their second album, but was even less impressed with it than their first one. I'll probably jew it away on Ebay within a year

But if you have a few hours to spare, you could always try finding it though these lists http://distro.hatisk.net/

This one made a really strong and lasting impression on me...

so much so that I still think about buying it every so often but never ever do :erk:

If you don't wish to spend $70 for an original copy.

TerraturPossessions and Apocalyptic Empire presents:

URFAUST - Geist Ist Teufel LP and CD

The monolithic first mantra of URFAUST from 2004 now unleashed on vinyl and cd format once again!
Originally released on vinyl in only 110 copies "Geist Ist Teufel" has finally been given a proper vinyl-release with a ritualistic and worthy lay-out the original was missing!
1000 copies available through the alliance of Terratur Possessions and Apocalyptic Empire Records.
Comes with printed inner-sleeve and big fold-out poster!
The first 100 "Die Hard" copies comes on green splatter-vinyl and includes an exclusive URFAUST patch!

ur_overall.jpg

PRICES:
Regular LP: 150 Nok.-/ 18.- Euro/ 25 us$
Die Hard LP edition: 180 Nok.-/ 20.- Euro/ 30 us$ ONLY 1 DIE HARD COPY EACH ORDER!
Regular CD: 100 Nok.-/ 12.- Euro/ 17 us$
Die Hard CD edition: 150 Nok.-/ 18.- Euro/ 25 us$ ONLY 1 DIE HARD COPY EACH ORDER!

www.TerraturPossessions.com

Think anyone in the US will get this? I liked their albums when Nico recommended them to me, but I never purchased the CDs.

Originally released on vinyl in only 110 copies "Geist Ist Teufel" has finally been given a proper vinyl-release with a ritualistic and worthy lay-out the original was missing!

The original was a black record sleeve with a photocopy of the CD artwork glued to front. It wasn't hard to improve upon. I think I traded mine away for something that looks a little less pov.

Yeah. Nearly $9 for 2 items is a little steep. When you see $10 for 2 great cds you get that big fat boner only to have it somewhat deflated when you see the shipping cost. Regardless, 2 excellent cds for under $19 is still a fucking steal.

edit: I also picked up Ignivomous - Death Transmutation. Man I love buying cds.

edit2: the electric boog-a-loo: I should have posted the previous edit in the recent purchases thread but I am thinking outside the box this week.

The last track that just goes on way too fucking long.

Note to bands - Stop adding ambient fuller to round out an album. 30 minutes of quality material is sullied by such additional meandering.

This is bloody phenomenal, a molestation of the senses. Any idea if a N.A distro is picking this ish up? If not, I'll be placing an order with Van in expeditious fashion, this band has a crazed fan base that will scoop up every last album up if ye wait too long.

Ein leeres Zauberspiel :kickass: :kickass:

Van Records has shitty distribution so nothing is certain.

Hells Headbangers DOES (and has) had the recent EP also released by Van for quite some time though, so they may get it.

Ajna is also a possibility. Nothing is certain though.

I actually have a message in to Van about wholesale...mainly because I haven't been able to find it here and it's so bloody expensive to order 1 or 2 cds directly from Van. I'm guessing wholesale won't be very favorable at all, but we'll see.