Recommendations for a Skinny Puppy fan?

Perdition's Light

dinosaur jr.
Apr 5, 2004
Hey all, I was just wondering if there's any shit out there that even comes close to touching the classic work of this band (.i.e ANYTHING and EVERYTHING from the 80's and 90's, even The Process!)? I have some mild experience listening to bands like Frontline Assembly and Front 242, but compared to Puppy, most of those bands sound so dated. Not only that, but usually the majority of those kinds of bands' music sucks, and the only reason said band is remembered is due to a handful of singles and/or club hits.

I'm not neceassarily looking for EBM-sounding stuff, though I suppose I don't mind too much as long as it has some deeper kind of substance, and the lyrics aren't cringe-inducing. I'm looking for music that's more on the industrial side of things than the dance side.

btw, already a Ministry fan since forever ago.

The definitive answer, unfortunately, is no. Skinny Puppy is in a league all of their own

Since you omitted the newer stuff (TGWOTW, Mythmaker, Handover) does that mean you don't dig the direction Puppy has taken sans Dwayne?

Since you omitted the newer stuff (TGWOTW, Mythmaker, Handover) does that mean you don't dig the direction Puppy has taken sans Dwayne?

I admit I haven't given it a fair chance, but I'm 95% certain I won't like it as much. I saw them a couple perform a couple of years ago, being my second Puppy show, and they are still amazing live.