Recommended folkmetal

Draugen

I I I
Nov 7, 2002
Malmo, Sweden
I just found a band browsing around the internet today...
A "new" swedish band called Fejd with members from Pathos & Nostradameus. I'd like to say that they're a sweet mix between Garmarna & Otyg. Perhaps a bit more folkmusic than metal, but I doubt those who enjoy Otyg wont like them...
Check out http://www.fejd.se

Allow me to return the favour by recommending these bands.

OF The Wand And The Moon.
Nest.
Tenhi.
October Falls
Agalloch :D

Wow, Draugen, thanks alot! This kind of Music is what I search for! I am listening to "I en tid som var..." now but I can already say that this is just genius. :)

Illnath said:
Allow me to return the favour by recommending these bands.

OF The Wand And The Moon.
Nest.
Tenhi.
October Falls
Agalloch :D

hah, i recognize you from the bolt board ;D

spaffe said:
That first band wasn't that impressive, his vocals were pretty annoying :|

Ah, you mean Fejd? Well, I have to agree that I thought the same the first time I listened to them. But his voice really grows on you, though the pronounciations of some words sounds....well, bizarre!
But I think that this is something that only Swedes are likely to notice.

spaffe said:
Yeah the pronounciation as well, but I'll download them again (I've already deleted them hehe) and see if some growing occurs

hehe, I know what you mean. I often delete downloads myself, if they didn't appeal to me at once. I strongly recommend the track "Yggdrasil" - damn it's good!

Draugen said:
Ah, you mean Fejd? Well, I have to agree that I thought the same the first time I listened to them. But his voice really grows on you, though the pronounciations of some words sounds....well, bizarre!
But I think that this is something that only Swedes are likely to notice.

no.. I've tried to sing along with him (although I can't sing ;)) and I've noticed that he speaks all the words in some very strange way. Is this a Swedish dialect?

I really like "Yggdrasil" and "Huldran".

Thidrek said:
no.. I've tried to sing along with him (although I can't sing ;)) and I've noticed that he speaks all the words in some very strange way. Is this a Swedish dialect?

I really like "Yggdrasil" and "Huldran".

Hehe, you noticed too? Then perhaps his voice is more bizarre than I first thought... Hmm, I don't think it has anything to do with his dialect. As I wrote before, the pronounciations are the main thing here. He sorta "drags" out the words and sing them "longer" than they would sound if you speak... :Smug:
Err...or at least, that is the best explination I've come up with.