Recorded these 15-18 years old amazing death band this weekend!

downloaded the 3 tracks... I'll have a listen tomorrow morning while I get ready for work. death metal and coffee in the am, gotta love it.

It's a good start, I'd like to see them become the next Decapitated.. although I doubt it :) But they sure kick my ass when I was that age!

But is the singer doing inhale growling? It sounds really... weird and not so good to be honest. But then again, young age etc etc, maybe he doesn't have a fully developed voice yet? :D

Sounds great. Very mature music for 15-18 years old people. I'm glad to hear there's not only ASP/TBDM/white chapel/KsE ripoffs from that age.

I really like their stuff, and your production fits pretty well.

But is the singer doing inhale growling? It sounds really... weird and not so good to be honest. But then again, young age etc etc, maybe he doesn't have a fully developed voice yet? :D

It doesn't sound like inhale growling to me. I think the weirdness you hear is due to the processing on the voice (mainly EQ I'd say). The boy seems to have a good voice.

It's a good start, I'd like to see them become the next Decapitated.. although I doubt it :) But they sure kick my ass when I was that age!

They won't because the music is not very new and not very technical so they won't be like "check those guys they are the next big thing : virtuosos with a brand new kind of death metal".

Anyway they're doing some kind of death metal influenced by some 90's Swedish bands it seems and they do it really well, and cannot be labelled as "ripoffs" to me since they have pretty good songs and a lot of inspiration.

Yes it's inhale growling. I never knew anyone could do that and I'm a growler myself :/ ..

amazing. now tell us what equipment do you have to record and te musicans gear.

Mic preamps and interface
Focusrite Octopre and Focusrite Octopre LE
MOTU 828mkII

Guitar Tone
Ibanez 7string prestige + Engl Powerball + Marshall 1960BV + Shure SM57.
Ohh. forgot.. I used the Boss Metal Zone on the Engl for some extra gain on this production..

Bass
Dunno, DI and software amps. Logic's Guitar Amp and Logic's Bass Amp.

Drums
Audix drumkit mics.
Sneap's kick sample, the rest are samples from the drummers drums..

I've got a picture of the guys at my site www.metallfabriken.se

Guitar Tone
Ibanez 7string prestige + Engl Powerball + Marshall 1960BV + Shure SM57.
Ohh. forgot.. I used the Boss Metal Zone on the Engl for some extra gain on this production..

Cool! This is something I need to improve on. I have only done one recording so far (my solo project, for learning purposes and to get some shit out of my head), and I used Revalver mkIII demo on that because I kinda suck at getting a good tone out of a real amp n' cab.

I need a few tips man! How did you position the SM57 for this recording, where on the speakers did you point it at? And was it only ONE SM57? It sounds really nice and full compared to my recording!

Also, I like the blend between the bass guitar and the guitars... mine came out too separated, with the bass filling up the sub-bass area richly while it is not so present in the mids and highs. And the opposite for the guitars. But that's mostly because I suck at playing the bass so I had to cut out the mids and highs due to all noise I made while playing :D

Cool! This is something I need to improve on. I have only done one recording so far (my solo project, for learning purposes and to get some shit out of my head), and I used Revalver mkIII demo on that because I kinda suck at getting a good tone out of a real amp n' cab.

I need a few tips man! How did you position the SM57 for this recording, where on the speakers did you point it at? And was it only ONE SM57? It sounds really nice and full compared to my recording!

Also, I like the blend between the bass guitar and the guitars... mine came out too separated, with the bass filling up the sub-bass area richly while it is not so present in the mids and highs. And the opposite for the guitars. But that's mostly because I suck at playing the bass so I had to cut out the mids and highs due to all noise I made while playing :D

I've heard that the revalver should be good, but never tried it myself.
I positioned the SM57 in the center of the speaker cone, exactly in the middle actually. Alone it sounds like too much high treble but thats what makes it good in the mix.

Yes only one SM57 but 4 guitar tracks.. Two to the left and two to the right in the mix.

I copied the bass track to a second track and added distortion to one of them and kept the sub-bass in the cleaner track. Hard compression as much as I could use to squeeze the bass down.

Much of the guitar and bass tone is from the one who plays the instrument.
Firm, on time and steady and everything sounds good!

I've heard that the revalver should be good, but never tried it myself.
I positioned the SM57 in the center of the speaker cone, exactly in the middle actually. Alone it sounds like too much high treble but thats what makes it good in the mix.

Yes only one SM57 but 4 guitar tracks.. Two to the left and two to the right in the mix.

I copied the bass track to a second track and added distortion to one of them and kept the sub-bass in the cleaner track. Hard compression as much as I could use to squeeze the bass down.

Much of the guitar and bass tone is from the one who plays the instrument.
Firm, on time and steady and everything sounds good!

True, about the "tone is in your fingers" thingy :) And yeah, sometimes something might sound really awful by itself but in a mix it can be godly... guess I should try making a test song with one of the amps in my rehearsal room (got an old 5150, Triple XXX and a JCM800 to choose from, wee :)). Thanks for the info man!