Recording at 37 Studios, Detroit produced by J.Sturgis

It's one thing he didn't show up, it'll be another thing if he uses his drum samples on the mix! That would piss me off.

I wish I could book clients and charge for my time while I was away on holidays.

Joey can whatever the fuck he wants. The problem is that the band apparently didn't know he wouldn't show up at all. Or did he?

Joey can whatever the fuck he wants.

so1dj3jpqml2ccxk3czh.png

BTW, if he was supposed to show up, the band can sue him for breach of contract and get $ back and indenization. Thats what I would do as a Lawyer. Fuck Her Right In The Pussy.

Willy Show, anyone?

Yeah this is pretty much how Joey operates now, he has engineers handling his recording and editing, he does pre-pro for some bands and he handles the mixing as far as I know.

Nothing wrong with that, but it'll be a damn chilly day in Christian hell before I agree to calling that producing. While pre-pro is important as fuck, the magic happens IN THE SESSION, and a Cubase ninja or a great mix will not and should not substitute a producer being present, keeping the flow going and holding the ropes.

BTW, if he was supposed to show up, the band can sue him for breach of contract and get $ back and indenization. Thats what I would do as a Lawyer. Fuck Her Right In The Pussy.

I don't know if that would worth the hassle especially if the end result is what the band expected but that is shitty for sure.

The title of this thread is misleading not what Joey did. As far as we know Joey never told this band that he was gonna be hands on, maybe just handled by his production team. I'm willing to bet by the reaction of the OP that they knew that. With that being said, that's a long way to travel for lots of money just to get a name connected to your album.

In my head the scenario is along these lines...

Band hits up Joey says they want to have him do the record but they have a budget. Joey already has a vacation planned and thinks "well, this is less than I'd usually take but the dates line up with my trip so I can do prepro/mix and let my team handle the rest."

I'm curious to hear if that's actually what happened and hope that it was just a misunderstanding along those lines. What I'm more curious to hear is why the band didn't just track on their own, hire a studio for drums, and send Joey stuff to mix instead? Like surely that's gotta be cheaper than flying 5-6 dudes out?

"We hired a chef to cook at our wedding, but he didn't show up, he went on vacation. But then we played hockey so it's okay."