Recording guitar. Metal guitar tone trouble

AntonFAKOF

New Metal Member
May 6, 2015
Hello, I'm recording DI guitar. I listened different guitar tone examples. I recorded guitar with emg 81 pickups and I couldn't get the same guitar tone. In examples guitar sounds purely and has a lot of highs. I don't know whats the troube. I have rme fireface UC and radial j48 and bae 1073. I've tried many different combinations of recording guitar through this devices and always my guitar sounding holowly. It hasn't higs.
Do i need use some buffer pedals or distortion in recording chain before audio interface???
Could you help me to understand the issue? I know that standart in guitar recording is recording guitar to 1mOhm input. All my devices hasn't it.
Is it impedance matching trouble only? But I don't think that difference in 500kOhm gives me needed result.
Could you send your DI guitar in this topic? I need just a few seconds to understanding. Chord and few palm muted notes will be enough for me. And write your recording chain please, for example "guitar->countryman85->fireface 800".

Do you have fresh strings? What is your signal chain? A ton of the tone is really in the hands of the player and the playing itself, remember that.