recording question

romolus

Sep 3, 2001
wa
Visit site
jeff told me a while back that their cd's are "stamped" instead of a cd burner. but i wanna know onto what format is the master recorded on. adat or digital, and if digital, 24 bit or what?

Well Adat is digital and a thing of the past now... No large studios use that anymore... Either it shoule be 2" analog tape, or HD protools or anything similar...

If digital I´m pretty sure they used 24 bits, even though a CD has 16 bit, it makes a better mix(better quality) with 24 bit which is compressed to 16. Hope this helped a little...

Pro Tools is awesome.

There is just so much you can do with it.
The studio i used to work for has got a ProTools TDM setup, it's mad.

I've got a pro-tools Digi001 setup on my computer at home to record demo's and shit like that, it's great, because aside from the bad room that it is in, i could record a professional recording straight from my house.

that's kinda what i thought, i'm on this stupid roland thing now but i'll probably end up getting something like pro-tools now that i'm literally rolling in cash.....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$I'M TURNING INTO SATAN!!!!!!!!!!$$$$$$$$$$$$HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!:headbang: