Recording Through Online Collaboration

davidbeaumont

Nov 28, 2008
Leeds, UK
www.myspace.com
Hi,
I'm fairly new to this forum but have got some extremely useful information from it, and thought it might be a useful place to try and find musicians for a metal based recording project. Below is some of the detais...

'Ruins' is a unique and innovative project looking at recording through online collaboration. All music has been fully written and notated (using Guitar Pro) by myself over the past few years, and I am now looking for musicians to record the parts (from their own homes) and send back to me to mix for a final year (Sound Engineering & Production) University project.

Perfect for musicians who are either into session playing or feel they can't commit to a full time touring band. Influences include Darkest Hour, Between The Buried and Me, Black Dahlia Murder and All Shall Perish. Drums have already been recorded - looking for guitarists, bass and vocals. Computer programmed (MIDI in Logic) versions of the songs have been posted up at www.myspace.com/projectruins - the aim is to record them in real audio!

If you are interested or have any questions regarding the project then contact me (David) on here, through the e-mail ruinsproject@hotmail.com or on the myspace page.

Thanks for looking!

After only a week online, feedback for the project has suprised and excited me.

After uploading the files, I was a little cautious as to how they would be percepted - after all they are songs I've worked on for a few years now. I only originally (and still have) posted the ads on a couple of websites, so to get over 500 plays with no other promotion is quite impressive in my eyes!

Potential musicians have been found for all areas, but I'm still keen to hear responses from anyone else interested. In a way this is to provide some back up for myself, but I'm also quite interested to hear how different people perceive the tracks, and also how the sound quality might differ using different audio gear and techniques. For anyone that does get involved, even if their performances aren't used for the final mix, I will try provide a mix with their performance on so they definately get something out of it! To the musicians that have already responded - thank you - it is greatly appreciated.

As previously mentioned -If anyone is interested in getting involved, message me on here or e-mail ruinsproject@hotmail.com

Cheers!