recording through online collaboration - some results!

thanks for checking it out dudes, David wrote some very cool tunes and it was fun to play on this (and extremely tiring....those riffs are pretty crazy :) )

BTW, Jeff I really liked what you have done with the vocals from what I have heard so far. Very cool

Yeah I am doing the bass for the project :)

Zack, from what I can tell the guitars are going to come out great, can't wait to hear the final versions after being reamped. Jeff's vox are sounding pretty good I must say I'm diggin' them - just wish he would have sent me tracks with REAL instruments instead of cheesy GuitarPro sounding instruments :lol: Some of the riffs are pretty f'in crazy and a bitch to get down, but it comes out great in the end so... :headbang:

~006

Hey man, listening to "Destroyer" now, it's pretty cool, though the music is a little too "Black Dahlia" for my tastes, which doesn't really do much for me - also, something is off time in a few parts, pretty sure it's the vocals (though they do sound good Jeff ;)). Mix sounds good; guitar tone reeks of 5150 smoothness, but it certainly works in the mix!

Ooh, not bad clean vox - the melody and harmonies (especially the octaves) definitely remind me of the new Abigail Williams, though I feel you perhaps enunciate a bit too much ("dark ma-chine-er-y" :D)

Which part is offtime, bychance? I know one of the riffs wasn't in 4/4 and I tried holding notes over the 'tails' of the riff, so to speak. Otherwise I'm not sure, as I tracked tightly to a click.

As far as enunciation... the line is "darker shade of green" - could be why it sounds over-syllable'd for "dark machinery." ;)

HA! That might explain it then :D And the particular part that seems out of time to me is the 6/8 section at around 1:37; mostly, it seems like you have to rush in breaths that make the starts of some of the notes a bit delayed. Not as bad on the second listen, but I still hear it!