Recording Through Online Collaboration

davidbeaumont

Nov 28, 2008
Leeds, UK
www.myspace.com
Hi,
I'm fairly new to this forum but have got some extremely useful information from it, and thought it might be a useful place to try and find musicians for a metal based recording project. I put in this section, because i'm also interested in peoples opinions of whether a web recording based project can obtain high quality studio results. Below is some of the details...

'Ruins' is a unique and innovative project looking at recording through online collaboration. All music has been fully written and notated (using Guitar Pro) by myself over the past few years, and I am now looking for musicians to record the parts (from their own homes) and send back to me to mix for a final year (Sound Engineering & Production) University project.

Perfect for musicians who are either into session playing or feel they can't commit to a full time touring band. Influences include Darkest Hour, Between The Buried and Me, Black Dahlia Murder and All Shall Perish. Drums have already been recorded - looking for guitarists, bass and vocals. Computer programmed (MIDI in Logic) versions of the songs have been posted up at www.myspace.com/projectruins - the aim is to record them in real audio!

If you are interested or have any questions regarding the project then contact me (David) on here, through the e-mail ruinsproject@hotmail.com or on the myspace page.

Thanks for looking!