Recording through online collaboration

davidbeaumont

Nov 28, 2008
Leeds, UK
www.myspace.com
A group of us from the Andy Sneap forum on here put together an ambitous project at recording an album solely through online collaboration, having never met, played or practiced with each other...

It was originally part of my dissertation to see how how advances in technology and software have allowed musicians to successfully record and collaborate from various (worldwide) locations. I won't go into details but the idea/results became a lot bigger than I expected and we released the album on iTunes yesterday.

If you fancy checking out any of the tracks, there is an album sampler and 4 of the album tracks up at www.myspace.com/projectruins

Any feedback on the tracks or project idea would be greatly appreciated, and if any of you are interested as to how the thing was put together/take an interest in recording online, I can send a copy of my dissertation (its massive!) if you PM me :)

There is plans to continue working together, release more material, and get the debut album pressed into a physical, but if you are feeling nice (and sorry to spam) you can currently buy the tracks at http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?id=327447871&s=143444

If anyone has any questions regarding recording/collaborating online, I would be glad to share ideas and can do my best to answer any questions :)