RECT-O-VERB nr. 488

Rekisum

Aug 16, 2006
Denmark, Jyderup
I've waited for a Laboga Mr. Hector over a month, but sadly every thing that could go wrong did go wrong. I could wait a few months and then get the amp, but it would be more expensive!!

And then... i found this Mesa Boogie Rect-O-Verb, and it is number 488 produced!! I'm so high right now on amp-happiness that i just have to share it with someone!! :headbang:

Mesa%20Boogie%20Rect-O-Verb.JPG

Maybe someone knows something about this amp?

well i don't know about that amp but i have a recto verb combo series II which is the newer one.

i also have mesa heads and i have to tell you the little bastard keeps up with them and i have used it sometimes to record stuff because it tracks a lot tighter. even with my road king head set to 50watts the combo still sounds tighter (going through a 4x12) for some reason.

i also love the single 90 watt celestion as i sometimes run other amp heads into it to get that "1x12" sound.

most reviews have also been very positive for that amp as the reverb on it is great and it is extremely flexible. the clean channel is awesome also. i know it's the same thing as on every other rectifier but to my ears it sounds better. try the pushed mode with low gain and a lot of reverb. stick a TS in front and play with single coils and you are in SRV territory.

WEll, it's mostly metal im going to play. Så SRV isn't really me and what i do...

Would be interested in finding the best tubes for this purpose. I know there's JJ tubes in the amp now. And in time, i think i will find the sound for me. It's much better sounding than my old setup (Marshall JMP1 & Marshall 9200) and way easier to take with me.

This 50 watt amp is so extremely loud. Don't nead a Dual or Triple anymore. And i like the slightly different design... all black... all metal hehe

Thanks for your input.

I gotta be honest, I've spent a lot of time playing a Single Rec and really didn't like it at all; WAY too buzzy in the treble (and this was through a Mesa Standard cab) and low gain, and when I turned the gain up it got messier but not much more saturated. I've also spent a fair amount of time with a friend's 2-channel Triple Rec, and LOVED that thing, so I crave a 2-channel Dual when funds permit. But if you like this one, more power to ya!