recto rec pre sample..l the germans probably know this guy ;)

LSD-Studio

HCAF crusher
Jul 2, 2006
Germany
www.lsd-tonstudio.de
lol.
just working on a punk-cover-cd with punkversions of old german folk-songs and stuff with the original singers...(hey, i gotta make a living :Smokin: ).
for scratch-tracks i'm using the recto recording preamp (it's not worth the money for recording, live it kills) of course the guitars will be re-recorded with "real" amps and mics.
the press has been in studio today to do some interviews, they demanded a rough-mix of todays recordings, so i had to do a quick 20min mixdown with the pilot-guitar-tracks.
usually i would not give it out, but in this case it's in the online-newsmags for download anyway, so i thought i'd give it to you.

don't blame me for the music....it's not my fault ;)

http://lsd-tonstudio.de/sounds/Drews - Punk Im Kornfeld, Roughmix.mp3

drews.JPG

sounds cool, shouter kicks ass :D
komm mach dich locker haha
but crank up the guitars.
and post when its done, gotta have that record.

LSD-Studio said:
lol.
just working on a punk-cover-cd with punkversions of old german folk-songs and stuff with the original singers...(hey, i gotta make a living :Smokin: ).
for scratch-tracks i'm using the recto recording preamp (it's not worth the money for recording, live it kills) of course the guitars will be re-recorded with "real" amps and mics.
the press has been in studio today to do some interviews, they demanded a rough-mix of todays recordings, so i had to do a quick 20min mixdown with the pilot-guitar-tracks.
usually i would not give it out, but in this case it's in the online-newsmags for download anyway, so i thought i'd give it to you.

don't blame me for the music....it's not my fault ;)

sadly that guitar tone seems to work really well for this track, as it is. you went direct with the recto pre I take it? I own one and haven't managed to get anything usable out of the direct outs, but for this punk style stuff it seems to work!

I use mine for recording but I run it through a cranked mesa 20/20 ;) I just wish I had a 6L6 poweramp to a/b it with. I'm not sure if I'm making the most of this preamp running it through el84's. you ever mic yours up after going through a 6L6 or EL34 poweramp?

Carrier Flux said:
sadly that guitar tone seems to work really well for this track, as it is. you went direct with the recto pre I take it? I own one and haven't managed to get anything usable out of the direct outs, but for this punk style stuff it seems to work!

I use mine for recording but I run it through a cranked mesa 20/20 ;) I just wish I had a 6L6 poweramp to a/b it with. I'm not sure if I'm making the most of this preamp running it through el84's. you ever mic yours up after going through a 6L6 or EL34 poweramp?

Yes, usually i'm using a simulclass 295 poweramp...

in this (direct) case it's :

TS9 : drive 8:00, lvl: 12:00 , Tone :9:00

then 2 tracks (L+R) with:
modern
Gain: 11:00 , Bass :11:00 , mid:13:00 , Treb :11:30 , Pres: 10:00

and one (middle);
vintage
similar settings, but gain only 9:30 and bass:9:00

guitar was a robin medley (killer!!!!) with ash-body loaded with emg 85

elephant-audio said:
Sounds good, the vocals could be a bit lower though, heh.

~e.a

i had them lower, but for the press it's all about the vocalist (who is "somebody" in germany), so they wanted to have it loud ;)

trym^^ said:
sounds cool, shouter kicks ass :D
komm mach dich locker haha
but crank up the guitars.
and post when its done, gotta have that record.
yeah i love the tough guy atitude of the shouter ;)
Jürgen kills!

Why the hell do you record Jürgen Drews? Like to hear him with metal guitars and typewriter kick though ;)

xmarcelx said:
yeah i love the tough guy atitude of the shouter ;)
Jürgen kills!

Why the hell do you record Jürgen Drews? Like to hear him with metal guitars and typewriter kick though ;)

it's not only j.d, it's some others, too...like gebr. blattschuss (kreuzberger nächte) monique maasen (im wagen vor mir...) etc.

recorded sample of recto thru 295 will follow within the next days, when mixing to the new Subcutane track "darker than black" is finished

this must be the 9999 version of "ein bett im kornfeld" now, but this is actually pretty cool.
I'm sure j.d. was cool and fun to work with. looking forward to hear the finished product. let us know about the release date.