Recycle the Soul

MixGrafix

Dulce Et Decorum Est
Hello all.

Recycle the Soul is our new band that was brought together partially by the Opeth forum. :rofl:etonatorx (Kyle) and I got together a few months back with a project that I was working with, and we have had a meteoric rise in the Detroit Metro Area.

We are playing our first gig at the Emerald Theater in Mt. Clemens, MI on Thursday, July 24th, and would really apprieciate the support of our fellow Opethian friends.

http://www.myspace.com/recyclethesoulmusic

We have a tune up there (Left Behind) that was recorded with one mike, but we will be posting the live show from the board on there after it is done.

Thanks for your support.

Leon, Kyle, Jock, Marc, Ricardo

hey dude, the song sounds really really good! I'd really like to here a more professional recorded version. Id buy a CD.

I think your music sounds fantastic. I'd love to hear a better version of it. Start sending these demos out to record companies. They may sign you.

Thanks for all the complements, both good and bad. Again these were one takes through a single mike into Logic. We are recording the CD in August, and are planning a Halloween release. Messengers of Deception is only a week old, and there are a few small fubars in it, but it will get a nice polishing before the final track is complete.

Here is our Album Art

rtsalbumcovercu7.jpg

AffinityBand from here did the work. It is not 100 percent done, but it is close. He is wonderful to work with if you need anything done, and is very affordable.

How does one get a band going and album released in a few months?

determination, and lots of hard work, and we work very well together. We each have had a few song ideas and used most of them for our basis for our tunes.

Like I said, we wrote messengers of deception about a week ago, and had the entire progression done the first day.

I also own a cd duplication company, and can make the finished product for 26 cents each

Mix

The 2nd track isn't bad actually.. Although fairly unoriginal, it's done pretty competently. However, 'Left Behind' song is totally meh imo.. I just consider it even more unoriginal and it doesn't do anything for me.

The songs would definitely benefit from better recording.

Good luck with the gig.

Hope your gig went well. As for the music, it's not bad. The first song reminded me a bit of Katatonia. Plus solos are pretty awsome.

Edit: I am surprised at how fast you were able to write material. The band that I'm in has been very meticulous with our writing, but I think our stuff is turning out pretty well (I hope).

The 2nd track isn't bad actually.. Although fairly unoriginal, it's done pretty competently. However, 'Left Behind' song is totally meh imo.. I just consider it even more unoriginal and it doesn't do anything for me.

The songs would definitely benefit from better recording.

Good luck with the gig.

I understand that the sound quality has a lot to do with it. These songs will have to be nurtured, and when we go into the studio to master them, I am sure our vision of the songs will be looked upon in a much better light.

Mix