No Detroit Tour Date :(

MixGrafix

Dulce Et Decorum Est
I know all you idiots on the board are going to trash Detroit, but there is a very good metal scene here, and in an area of 5 million people including the surrounding suburbs, it is very puzzling that they would not make a stop here and play Harpos, The Emerald Theatre in Mt Clemens, St. Andrews Hall or the even a smaller place like the I-rock in Detroit as well. They have a date open on the 23rd of September and they will be in the general vicinity.

Come on Mike! Make it happen, and if you guys need a place to hang out, my house is your house, and I am cooking steaks! Recycle The Soul will be the house band as well.

Mix

Seems like the rock city dont get to rock this time!

But hey you have some awsome artists there! Eminem, Royce Da 5'9!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm road trippin' to London with a few buds, instead. I was positive Mike said at the Fillmore they would be coming back to Detroit for this tour, however.

And for the record, the only reason Detroit is a good hockey city is because all the Canadians are crossing the border to see the games ;)
If you think Detroit is the best place for hockey, you've obviously never been to a game in Montreal or Toronto.

I'm road trippin' to London with a few buds, instead. I was positive Mike said at the Fillmore they would be coming back to Detroit for this tour, however.

And for the record, the only reason Detroit is a good hockey city is because all the Canadians are crossing the border to see the games ;)
If you think Detroit is the best place for hockey, you've obviously never been to a game in Montreal or Toronto.

I have, it's been a while since Toronto has been anything but disappointing though. I still think Detroit is the best place for hockey given what the 3 teams have done in the past 10 years. :kickass:

Well yeah, it's the Wings era based on the quality of teams they have, so everyone is more enthusastic. While the fans out there give it out every night, no matter what the outcome. Which comes in use when you have a record like the Leafs have.

It's because all the venues have horrible sound acoustics!
Harpo's - shit!
St. Andrews - shit!
Magic Stick - shit!
Emerald Theatre - shit!
etc.

I won't go to Harpos even though I only live 2 hours away. Just for the fact that I don't want to get shot..... or robbed...... My friends and I have opted to go to Cleveland, 4 hours away just to avoid Harpos and to see Opeth live. Theyre going to play the Orbit room again in Grand Rapids which is good for me, closer, and a nicer venue. The sound wasn't all that great last time I was there but was better than other gigs ive been to. Id go to Detriot if they were playing the Fillmore or somewhere else.

I won't go to Harpos even though I only live 2 hours away. Just for the fact that I don't want to get shot..... or robbed...... My friends and I have opted to go to Cleveland, 4 hours away just to avoid Harpos and to see Opeth live. Theyre going to play the Orbit room again in Grand Rapids which is good for me, closer, and a nicer venue. The sound wasn't all that great last time I was there but was better than other gigs ive been to. Id go to Detriot if they were playing the Fillmore or somewhere else.

I've been going to Harpos since I was 15, that's 10 years now. It's really not as bad as people seem to think. Sure it's got it's history, but I've never had anything but good experiences there, and I've probably been to 20+ shows at that venue.

Grand Rapids is great, I love the orbit room, it's small but has good sound and not far from me. The Fillmore is pretty nice in Detroit, I enjoyed my time at that joint last go round with Opeth. Harpo's sucks, it's extremely dirty and in the ghetto. Clutch Cargo's in the Detroit area has the best sound and atmosphere, I saw As I lay dying and All that remains there last year and it was one of the best shows I've been to.