Symphony X got screwed again by Detroit!

Snowmaker

GO BLUE!!
May 13, 2002
New Baltimore, Michigan
www.faroffgrace.com
I don't know if it was the venue or a city ordanance, but Symphony X had to be finished by 10:00. They only played:

Inferno
Wicked
Evolution
Communion and the Oracle
King of Terrors
Sea of Lies
The Odyssey

That's all we got. :hotjump:

I don't know who is booking the venues for them, but they seriously need to look into either Royal Oak or Mt. Clemens for the next time they come to Detroit.

Still, it was a great show and third time in a row I've gotten to shake Russell's hand. Its becoming a tradition. :D

the Odyssey sounded great, but this reduced setlist bullshit is pissing me off so bad. I knew once they left the stage before the Odyssey that we were getting this shortened bullshit, and that almost made it hard for me to get into the Odyssey at all. Ha, btw, I was the guy that fucking went nuts when Russell said Newcastle was his favorite beer, haha. Newcastle is quality fucking beer.

Afterward, we had to wait for quite a goddamn while outside of the bus for them to come out. Russell and Mike P. didn't even come outside after the show. :erk: Jason and Mike Lepond were the coolest, although Romeo came outside for a short while. I can't really blame them, the amount of black fucking bums asking us all for money was fucking ridiculous. One of them started to harass Rullo and I wanted to just fucking bust him in the face. My friend gave one of them 50 cents so that he'd stop fucking bugging him. I didn't give any of them shit.

I got my picture taken with Rullo and Lepond, btw. How the fuck do I post them?

BastrdDrmr said:
the Odyssey sounded great, but this reduced setlist bullshit is pissing me off so bad. I knew once they left the stage before the Odyssey that we were getting this shortened bullshit, and that almost made it hard for me to get into the Odyssey at all.

I got my picture taken with Rullo and Lepond, btw. How the fuck do I post them?
Yeah, I saw the setlist before they even started, so how do you think I felt?

I saw all the blacks by the bus as we were driving away. Glad we didn't walk back to the car that way.

You have to upload the pics to a website or message board that allowes it. Then you can link from there.

BastrdDrmr said:
Yea, I'm uploading them right now. It was kinda tough to speak to them tonight. I was really sick yesterday and my voice was really weak.
Right before Odyssey when just Russell was out there, me and two of the guys I was with all at the same time said "Harpo's FUCKED you last time! to Russell. Then he said something about us having better sync than him and the band did. You may have heard that. :D

bastrddrmr

bastrddrmr

Snowmaker said:
Right before Odyssey when just Russell was out there, me and two of the guys I was with all at the same time said "Harpo's FUCKED you last time! to Russell. Then he said something about us having better sync than him and the band did. You may have heard that. :D
Yea, I heard that, how could I not? haha, that was loud. Russell was trying to shrug that off, probably because he knew the same thing was happening at the Shelter here.

I ALMOST brought my digital camera this time. I was in a good spot to take pictures. Only 3 people away from the stage.

Walking in, we passed the bus and I see Lepond looking out at us from the back, side window. So I waved and said "how's it going?" He just gave me a nod back, which was good enough.

BastrdDrmr said:
It's not very difficult to meet them, it's just whether or not you wanted to sit outside for 25 minutes hoping you don't get shot
That's just it. Its not worth my life. I think Russell recognized me now from the last show. That in itself is pretty cool. :headbang:

I just have to keep up my Russell handshaking streak. :D

Snowmaker said:
That's just it. Its not worth my life. I think Russell recognized me now from the last show. That in itself is pretty cool. :headbang:

I just have to keep up my Russell handshaking streak. :D
hehe, that's pretty cool, I'll have to keep my "getting a picture with one of the band members" streak going too.