Funny "Hotel California" comment by Mikael in Detroit

Jim Ansell said:
he defended that song because it is a good song. its unfortunate that most heavy metal fans are morons who can't appreciate anything that isn't "FOOKIN HEAVY DUDE!!"

Yeah, that is a killer song and The Eagles are awesome. Seeing them this Sunday actually.

np: Damnation

fadingessence said:
They sound almost identical. What bugs me is that evanescence is so incredibly popular and yet lacuna coil is basically ignored by the mainstream. must be because they have more talent and don't get crappy male vocalists for their hit singles.

They have a crappy male vocalist. Must be why they aren't popular.

np: Damnation

opeth70 said:
Jim Ansell said:
was that the same douch that kept yelling album titles instead of song titles?
QUOTE]

Yeah, that's the guy. He kept on yelling out "My Arms, Your Hearse" and "Still Life." Apparently he is a big fan of middle-era Opeth.

And the girl that guy was with left him at some point. I wonder why.

i was the guy right by him wearing the My arms your hearse shirt and headbanging really wild and hard.

Space_Lord said:
Lacuna Coil have been around since about '97 or '98 (correct me if I'm wrong guys) while Evanescence were manufactured in a factory sometime before the movie version of Daredevil came out.

Well, I have their first full length which came out in 2000 and it's different from the stuff on their new one, which I think bl0ze, it's better stuff. They also have some stuff they put out in 98 which is more on the alternative side of things.....I don't respect them anymore, but at least they made one solid album. The hype about them is just unbelievably.... can't find the word. Sad to watch a band sell their soul, oh well though. :tickled:

nokturnal emission said:
I still can't believe I missed this show, was it as great as I thought it would be?
pretty much. opeth's setlist was great. i was surprised by the turnout, it was about as packed as fear factory. also, the demographics at harpos was weird. i think i was the only person there who listens to dissection (besides opeth of course) and wore a bullet belt. weird.

Orion Crystal Ice said:
Well, I have their first full length which came out in 2000 and it's different from the stuff on their new one, which I think bl0ze, it's better stuff. They also have some stuff they put out in 98 which is more on the alternative side of things.....I don't respect them anymore, but at least they made one solid album. The hype about them is just unbelievably.... can't find the word. Sad to watch a band sell their soul, oh well though. :tickled:

Maybe they're not manufactured, but they sure did sell their soul. I honestly can't think of a more pathetically money grubbing band, and yes that includes metallica. I'm not a christian or anything, but that whole bullshit with the sell 50 trillion records to christians and then as soon as they don't need the christian fanbase tell everyone that they hate christianity and don't want their stuff sold at christian places and don't understand how anyone ever thought they were christian to try and impress the slipknot crowd or something is just pathetic. I don't know what their older stuff was like, but I know that they had a pretty solid reputation as a christian band before they had that really cool interview. I lost any respect I might have ever had for them there. They're in it completely for the money. Bastards.

the alumnus said:
pretty much. opeth's setlist was great. i was surprised by the turnout, it was about as packed as fear factory. also, the demographics at harpos was weird. i think i was the only person there who listens to dissection (besides opeth of course) and wore a bullet belt. weird.

I like Dissection too and was there. You've got me on the bullet belt though.

For fuck's sake, how do Evanescene sound like Lacuna Coil? I can't get over how many people will compare bands based on the sex of their vocalist. You don't compare Rush to Creed because both their vocalist are males, so don't do it for Evanescene and Lacuna Coil.

We're doing PowerPoint presentations in computer class on our favorite band, and there's a girl that's doing Evanescene. ITS FUCKING TERRIBLE! Its nothing like Lacuna Coil. "I'm fiiigghttttiinngg, I'm sccreee-E-eammiingg" shut the FUCK up! And does every goth band HAVE to have a song with the word Torniquet in it?? They look like a bunch of fucking dummies too, I've never seen the people from Lacuna Coil, but jeez. Their whole Christian appeal is perfect for the suburban teen crowd too, just like Creed did, and Linkin Park to a lesser degree. They're un-righteous enough to be cool, but okay enough for your mom to let you play their cd's in the car?

I'm not really big on Lacuna Coil either. I have one of their cd's and its pretty nice, but I'm not reading their FAQ anytime soon if you know what I mean. But please, they don't sound like that Evanescene crap. From what I gather, Lacuna Coil = "gothy" music, Evan. = "gothy image." Linkin Park with a keyboardist instead of a DJ and a female vocalist. That's all they are. I just can't wait until their 15's seconds are up :D

P.S. And to all of my fellow fella's out there that plaster their walls with metal chick posters and worship the "queens of metal:" You're no different from everyone's little sister 3 years ago with the Backstreet Boys, regardless of how tr00 you consider yourself. Sorry.

Reactions: demon talented
the alumnus said:
i think i was the only person there who listens to dissection (besides opeth of course) and wore a bullet belt. weird.

don't be a dumb metalhead. just because someone doesn't dress the part doesn't mean they don't like metal.

some people are comfortable enough with who they are that they don't need to "flaunt their metalness".

i mean i listen to everything from Abba to Wagner to absu to witchfinder general, but i don't always wear my music on my sleeve.

Jim Ansell said:
don't be a dumb metalhead. just because someone doesn't dress the part doesn't mean they don't like metal.

some people are comfortable enough with who they are that they don't need to "flaunt their metalness".

i mean i listen to everything from Abba to Wagner to absu to witchfinder general, but i don't always wear my music on my sleeve.
it is you who is playing the part of the "dumb metalhead". when did i ever say such words? no, i simply commented that the crowd was different from that of the norm. i go to most every metal show in the metro detroit area; from the metal gods tour to the nevermore shows, i've seen quite a few. and the people at the opeth show weren't the same crowd that i've seen at most detroit shows.

That's kind of funny, actually, because I was just thinking about this the other day. "Hotel California," IMO is one of the best songs because it's appeal is almost universal. I mean, sure there are a couple people that don't like it, but really, it's so well written it's hard to imagine anyone not enjoying it.