fucking tour date cancellations! :(

avi, you're right. good idea. forbes, if your friend can help out in any way, yes, have him call me please!

ps - looks like cleveland might not work out either?! both bands that were supposed to play with us are backing out because the guy setting up the show moved it to this warehouse with a 'dangerous, steep stairwell' and no business license (meaning that they've been in trouble before and they might get shut down by the cops any moment). one of the bands is being nice enough to see if they can move it somewhere else but it's so last moment, so it's looking grim.

SAFHSJDFHSJFHS! WHY ALL AT ONCE?

i'm seriously going to have a heart attack here. :(

for last minute shit I always ask to see if they'll just let you play even if it means no pay. an unpaid show with opportunity to sell merch is almost always better than no show unless you have someone in town to hang out with and put you up.

Guys, Commander Kilkin posted a bulletin about you too:

Subject: saturday october 8th, Kayo Dot(robotic empire) needs a venue
Body: if anyone in michigan can help these guys out with a house/bar/venue/whatever, they would be very greatful. awesome band in the vein of isis, godspeed, neurosis...

thanks for your help.

:Spin:

I hope the Beaumont show still works out, for obvious reasons. The Vortex is currently closed for recovery.

We found a Michigan tour! Mouth of the Architect were nice enough to let us join their bill. :)

October 8 - Hamtramck, MI @ Paycheck's Lounge with Mouth of the Architect, Trephine, and The Nain Rouge

YAY, we found a Chicago venue. It's at an art space called Nihilist, located at 2255 S. michigan Ave. #4E.

On the downside though, we lost our Buffalo show!! :(
Seriously, I swear that these venues wait last minute on purpose to fuck you up the ass. :(

as a general rule, southside is a place to be cautious- there and west chicago, near the city. northside is pretty much hipsterville all over. i've not heard of this place before, but i don't live there any more- michigan ave runs north/south straight thru the middle of downtown, but at the 2300 S block, you're past University of Illinois at Chicago and University of Chicago i believe. i've never been to chinatown so not sure how it is. art spaces should be clustered together, so it should be good.
not to bring you down- but when i was there, most shows/clubs were i the more northern realm.

p-p-p-p-p-pirates?!?!

SCOOBY%20DOO.shaggy.jpg
http://www.magicnevin.com/SCOOBY DOO.shaggy.jpg