Redemption - "Snowfall On Judgement Day"

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
The fourth album of this band (I doubt we can call it a project by now), will see the light in USA on September 29 (Europe the day before). The tracklist is:
  1. Peel
  2. Walls
  3. Leviathan Rising
  4. Black and White World
  5. Unformed
  6. Keep Breathing
  7. Another Day Dies *
  8. What Will You Say
  9. Fistful of Sand
  10. Love Kills Us All / Life in One Day
    * duet between Ray Alder and James LaBrie
the band line-up is:

• Ray Alder - Vocals
  • Nick van Dyk - Guitars, keys
  • Bernie Versailles - Guitars
  • Sean Andrews - Bass
  • Chris Quirarte - Drums
  • Greg Hosharian - Keyboards

Well I guess this will gonna bring another discussion about LaBrie and Dream Theater for the enjoyment of all here :lol: in due time

Oh, and there's a song from the album on this link:

http://www.myspace.com/thebandredemption, the song is called 'Black And White World'.

I dunno, I don't mind Redemption but they never really grabbed me. I'd much prefer a new Fates Warning album but who knows if that'll ever see the light of day.

I saw Redemption with DT and Into Eternity and both bands absolutely slayed Redemption, especially IE.

I dunno, I don't mind Redemption but they never really grabbed me. I'd much prefer a new Fates Warning album but who knows if that'll ever see the light of day.

I saw Redemption with DT and Into Eternity and both bands absolutely slayed Redemption, especially IE.

yeah when can we get a new fates warning album

Hope it lives up to Origins of Ruin which was a masterpiece!!!

My favorite still is the debut, I wish they have continued with Rick Mythiasin (I was skeptical of Ray Alder because I don't like his vocals in FW), but the last two albums have been good (Ray's vocals are different IMO) so I will buy the fourth too most probably.

I wish they have continued with Rick Mythiasin (I was skeptical of Ray Alder because I don't like his vocals in FW), but the last two albums have been good (Ray's vocals are different IMO).

Indeed, he's provided career-best performances with Redemption. His FW vocals nauseate me. He's a different singer with Redemption...having lost that dreadful screeching that ruined, IMO, songs like "The Arena" and "Static Acts" (and ALL of "No Exit").

Ray went from a singer I couldn't tolerate to one whom I love....rarely does that happen.

Indeed, he's provided career-best performances with Redemption. His FW vocals nauseate me. He's a different singer with Redemption...having lost that dreadful screeching that ruined, IMO, songs like "The Arena" and "Static Acts" (and ALL of "No Exit").

That's why I'm not a big fan of either of those albums. On Parallels he pulled his shit together and has yet to best that performance.

He does sound awesome in Redemption though.

Now if only FW would get their shit together and do another disc.....

That's why I'm not a big fan of either of those albums. On Parallels he pulled his shit together and has yet to best that performance.

He does sound awesome in Redemption though.

Now if only FW would get their shit together and do another disc.....

Things sure improved one they decided that Ray didn't need to be John Arch and sing falsetto. Parallels is one of my all-time favorites. Origins of Ruin is pretty close.

Ray went from a singer I couldn't tolerate to one whom I love....rarely does that happen.

I won't use love, but definitively there's a huge difference between FW and Redemption, I can't stand the first but I feel confortable with the second.

I can't think in other singer that has done the same, maybe Marco Hietala. I can't stand him on Nightwish but I really like him in Tarot, I don't know why its so but it's the way I feel about it.