forthcoming Redemption album

I will have to put equilibrium in here. I don't like any Fates Warning era.

Peace.

I will have to put equilibrium in here. I don't like any Fates Warning era.

Peace.

Can I equilibriate the other way and say I like both Fates eras? :lol: I honestly do. Like Hawk, I think they're different bands but I like both. I also like Zimmerman better than Zonder. Not that I know jack squat other than what is pleasing to my ears.

I like the *music* of Alder-era Fates but his vocals just kill those songs. He borders on Labrie over-indulgence (and had no business following Arch).

HOWEVER, he's toned it down immensely in Redemption. So much so, in fact, that I now look forward to hearing him on the new release. (Which, in retrospect shocks me do to my revulsion to his Fates singing style.)

You said pretty much what I was planning to say. I can understand why people may not like Alder on the FW releases. He has to sing in strange keys that Matheos writes in and is sometimes way over the top vocally.
He sounds like a totally different vocalist in Redemption. While he still hits some high notes, usually, the songs are sang in a lower key with a more "standard" vocal melody in the Redemption songs. The song Trancendence from the "Fullness of Time" release is one of the best vocal performances in my ears ever.

Bryant

I like the *music* of Alder-era Fates but his vocals just kill those songs. He borders on Labrie over-indulgence (and had no business following Arch).

HOWEVER, he's toned it down immensely in Redemption. So much so, in fact, that I now look forward to hearing him on the new release. (Which, in retrospect shocks me do to my revulsion to his Fates singing style.)

Can I equilibriate the other way and say I like both Fates eras? :lol: I honestly do. Like Hawk, I think they're different bands but I like both. I also like Zimmerman better than Zonder. Not that I know jack squat other than what is pleasing to my ears.

what in the world? zonder plays circles around zimmerman

I would just like to add my +1 for the Alder-era FW. :headbang::heh::headbang: Top 10 vocalist for me!!!

i too prefer the alder era FW. before he got there FW sounds almost power metal like. i think thats why i don't really like the queensryche album the warning. almost too generic early 80's NWOBHM style music

anyways what the best alder redemption album?

I do not agree you about The Warning, but then again, I got it when it first came out. It is my most consistent answer for "favorite album ever".

I think Arch had the potential to be a good singer, but he always sounds like he's just rambling to me. His voice always got under my skin. I dunno, it's just hard to find a good chorus on those albums, IMO.

I think Arch had the potential to be a good singer, but he always sounds like he's just rambling to me. His voice always got under my skin. I dunno, it's just hard to find a good chorus on those albums, IMO.

The first two Fates albums lack memorable choruses, IMO. However, "Guardian" presents them in spades.....it's such a classy, melodic, "epic", gorgeous collection of songs! (IMO):headbang::kickass: :worship:

I do not agree you about The Warning, but then again, I got it when it first came out. It is my most consistent answer for "favorite album ever".

Yeah, I love the warning. I dunno about a favorite ryche album (it's truly a tossup between any of the first 6 - but Warning was a brilliant slab of metal, and was the first ryche album I ever bought - I currently have it on Vinyl, cassette, remastered and original on CD).

I'm not big on Arch either. His new album was pretty good, but his fates stuff was rather forgettable, save for a few brilliant songs on Awaken. Alder's voice is (was) just so strong, and his tone was great. Really the perfect fit between Halford and Tate.

arch sounds too much like bruce dickinson sometimes. warning doesn't seem progressive enough to me. i can't even remember half of the tunes until i listen to the album. most of their other albums just the track name makes me remember the chorus of the song.

anyways no one said which alder redemption album is the best?