Rediscovered Classic 6-21-07

VenomGA

At War With Stan
Jul 28, 2005
I was looking thru my cd collection last night trying to find something I had not listed to in forever and decided on Y&T's "Mean Streak" cd. What a smoking platter of California metal from start to finish.
My favorite tracks are:
Mean Streak
Straight Thru The Heart
Midnight In Tokyo
Breaking Away
Hang 'Em High
Take You To THe Limit
Down and Dirty

Anyone else remember this classic album? If so, your thought please...

ha! Just took a road trip up to Sacramento. Played Y & T, Night Ranger and Great White the whole way! Great CA rock -n- roll!! Sadly I've missed Y & T's local gigs recently hoping they'll be back soon.

Venom.....couldn't agree more. One of the most underrated bands in metal/hard rock and Mean Streak is a classic. After reading your post, I just threw on "Down For The Count"....what a gem!

By the way, just saw them a couple months ago here in SoCal (they play here often) and Meniketti ruled.

I was looking thru my cd collection last night trying to find something I had not listed to in forever and decided on Y&T's "Mean Streak" cd. What a smoking platter of California metal from start to finish.
My favorite tracks are:
Mean Streak
Straight Thru The Heart
Midnight In Tokyo
Breaking Away
Hang 'Em High
Take You To THe Limit
Down and Dirty

Anyone else remember this classic album? If so, your thought please...

Yep! GREAT album/cd! Only saw Y&T once, and that was opening (touring for Mean Streak)for Dio on the Holy Diver tour. Another great Aragon Brawlroom show!

Venom.....couldn't agree more. One of the most underrated bands in metal/hard rock and Mean Streak is a classic. After reading your post, I just threw on "Down For The Count"....what a gem!

By the way, just saw them a couple months ago here in SoCal (they play here often) and Meniketti ruled.

really? They played Galaxy too far for me. And they played in Agoura at the Canyon club, but those were the only 2 shows I knew of in 07. It's now you're job to let me know when Y & T comes!! :lol:

Kitty - yep, saw them at the Galaxy at the end of April. That's a great venue - Kamelot, Sonata, Epica are all playing there in the coming months....I'll keep you posted on when the boys from San Fran roll through again!!

Oh shit yes, I picked up the remastered version of MEAN STREAK right when it came out, great album! Recently grabbed the EARTHSHAKER remaster and although there are no bonus tracks on it, it's still one of my favorite albums - highly recommended.

I saw that show with Dio/Y&T way back when as well (in Dallas), remains one of my favorite concert experiences...

Watched Dave & the boys rip up The Fox Theater in Atlanta. They opened for Twisted Sister & Dokken and owned them hard. My bro went with me to see TS & had never heard of Y&T. l told him to get ready because l had heard they were good live. He left with a Y&T t-shirt and didn't even buy a TS shirt.

They are responsible for 3 to 4 of the worst vids i have ever seen

Meanstreak
Don't Stop Runnin
Summertime Girls
Contagious
Summertime Girls ain't so bad, relatively speaking.
great band.....love em
Ditto. One of my all time favs, Meniketti is one of the most underrated singer/guitarist out there.

Also, you forgot All American Boy, maybe their worst song ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, I've gotta jump in here...

#1 -- it's very cool seeing a Y&T thread in this forum

#2 -- Y&T never pretended to be anything but a R&R band...but A&M records couldn't leave well enough alone and always made them look...well, gay...

#3 -- Dave and Jill Meniketti, along with anyone else that's ever been associated with the Y&T camp (Joey, Phil, Leonard, Jimmy, John, Mike, and
Stef) are the coolest people you would ever want to meet.

#4 -- If you've ever had even a passing interest in Y&T, but have never seen them live, you are truly missing out. It is a rock 'n' roll rite of passage, truly an electrifying, earthshaking, face-melting experience. A true night of rock 'n' roll, and one hell of a party...that's a Y&T show!

Judge not from the promo vids...MTV was not kind to this band. I have no idea why Meniketti & Crew were not multi-platinum gods...cuz they rock mightily. They had the 70s arena-rock work ethic, got misplaced during the 80s hair/glam/poodle-rock era, got ignored during the 90s comeback years...but have never stopped delivering quality hard rock...

Geez...enough...I sound like a fan boy...

CUZ I AM!

Rock on!