Rediscovered Classic 6-21-07

Has anyone picked up the Unearthed cds? Are they worth getting?

I think they have some real gems on them...and you can hear the different vibes and tell the era or year of the song or album without checking the liner notes.

True, I don't find myself spinning them much, but I think they are a must for any Y&T fan...truly some good stuff on them.

If you're just a casual fan...don't fret about not having them.

Rock on!

Y&T is a band that I never got exposed to when I was younger, so they went overlooked for me. With that said, their fans seem to be truly loyal. I came across two of their "hair metal" albums, Contagious and Ten, very cheap at a cd store recently. I'm diggin' the heck out of these two discs, but I realize that they're mostly hated among the long time, loyal Y&T fans. At least that's the way it seems to me. Regardless, these two discs have encouraged me to look out for anything else I can find from their extensive catalog. :kickass:

~Brian~

Venom - not sure where you live, but Y&T will be at The Galaxy in SoCal on September 18th (info for you Kitty!). Tickets are 20 bucks. The last time I saw these guys there was about 2 years ago - they blew the roof off the joint!!

....to answer the thread question: Mean Streak is a fantastic disc, but I've been spinning In Rock We Trust for a while now and it smokes!! I may have to pull Mean Streak off the shelf next........

Brian - both of those discs are GREAT!!!!

....Ten is so overlooked its painful. Love that cd......

Drew ~

Earthshaker, Black Tiger and Mean Streak continue to be my faves, but all of their discs have some quality tunes. Just like other bands that have had personnel changes, certain albums have certain "vibes" or "feel" that others do not. Ten and Contagious were definitely their attempt to be more commercial, given the time those were released.