regarding mr. renske's performence on Krakow DVD

Yep. Better than the Krakow one for sure! Better atmosphere, well organised filming... Anathema also recorded both their DVDs in Krakow...

Anyway,I still haven't watched the Katatonia DVD...

Cerulean said:
It's probably just a certain crew in Poland that some metal bands hire... Cos I also have the Enslaved and Dark Tranquillity DVD from Krakow, and in both DVD's the filming and editing is quite similar if I remember well.
Maybe that's the reason why their prices for filming are lowest in Europe...

Personally I think he sounds more like he used to now than he has done for the past few albums, just less reverb and better pitch. The quiet soft singing has come back just sitting nicely in the mix.

Cliche Kid said:
Not much of a stage show though...but I guess thats not their appeal....
Yeah... I also missed the half-naked dancing chicks & a band-choreography which nearly all of similar bands have... :Smug:

I liked the performance... and the singing... but the scene-cuts were sometimes a bit too fast for me...

Same here. Sound and performance are good, but the cuts are very strange. I prefer longer takes, so I can see what the guys are playing and look at there instruments and gear.

Don't feel very happy about the DVD (actually the whole release) either. Jonas voice is quite okay in my opinion, though the DVD is VERY standard. And the two audio discs included,... I don't know why. Unnecessairy release.

Im just glad to see the guys playing live. I liked it. Defnitly to many fast camera switches but thats not the bands fault. I thought most of the saongs were excellent. I dont think its an unnecessairy release. Hundreds of bands do "best of" albums. And katatonia has more than enough material to compile. Hence the need for two compilations. plus the box is pretty...